MS-DOS (windows) Compile Animation file from still images

MS-DOS (windows) Compile Animation file from still images

Post by Martin M. Cro » Thu, 29 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Hello All,

I am looking for a program that can allow you to make an animation file (I
am not picky about the file type, my client can take just about anything)
from a series of sequentially numbered series of still images.

The file formats I can have these still images are as follows:

.jpg
.gif
.tga
.bmp
.wmf
.eps
.tif

Ideally I would like a command-line application, one that I could call
from another program, but a GUI program would be acceptable.

Any leads would be appreciated.

-Martin Cron

MS-DOS (windows) Compile Animation file from still images

Post by Mark Sege » Sat, 31 Aug 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello All,
>I am looking for a program that can allow you to make an animation file (I
>am not picky about the file type, my client can take just about anything)
>from a series of sequentially numbered series of still images.
>The file formats I can have these still images are as follows:
>.jpg
>.gif
>.tga
>.bmp
>.wmf
>.eps
>.tif

 There is a good little shareware program available called "Dave's
Targa Animator" that you can get from Povray at
www.povray.org
 I use it all the time to output .fli and .flc from numbered targa
files.It has a lot of options that I have never explored but I have no
complaints.

Quote:>Ideally I would like a command-line application, one that I could call
>from another program, but a GUI program would be acceptable.

 Well you are in luck because DTA is a  command line app.
Quote:>Any leads would be appreciated.
>-Martin Cron

1. Animation-software for X-Windows and MS-Windows or DOS

We are looking for animation-software, that is free of charge. We want
animation-software for X-Windows as well as MS-Windows or DOS. The generating
part of the software need not necesserally to be platform-independent, but
the viewing-part has to run on both platforms mentioned above. The animation-
software is used for scientific-data, such as flow-visualisation.
When anyone can advice us, we would be appreciated.

Cock

2. Wanted : SIMPLE slide show program

3. SUMMARY: 3D renderers for DOS / MS Windows / MS Windows NT

4. Is MS Access able to read "graphics" from Delphi-Tables?

5. NEED source code to display AVI, for MS DOS and MS/WINDOWS

6. MS POWERPOINT QUESTION

7. Image libraries for MS-Windows, Unix, and DOS?

8. Lightwave′s Achilles′ heel

9. any port of Sam Leffler's TIFF imaging libraries to MS-Windows or DOS

10. Compiling programs in MS-DOS using SRGP

11. Image file reader on MS Windows?

12. limitations in DOS vs Windows compiles

13. Looking for xfig for ms-windows or dos