3d modelling tool for Linux

Post by sali » Thu, 01 May 2003 21:35:49

Hello

   Where do I get a free 3d modelling tool for Linux.

Reg
Sgk

3d modelling tool for Linux

Post by Q.. » Fri, 02 May 2003 03:35:54

>    Where do I get a free 3d modelling tool for Linux.

http://www.blender3d.org

Which also appears on the linkpage on the first link of:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=3d+modelling+linux

--
Khamba Staring
Disclaimer: me and my employer never agree.

3d modelling tool for Linux

Post by Gerhard W. Grube » Sat, 03 May 2003 04:33:16

Quote:>  Many free, open source, portable apps exist,

Blender is a rather good 3D Modeller/Animator and this is GPL since October.
http://www.blender.org

--
Gerhard Gruber

Fr jedes menschliche Problem gibt es immer eine einfache L?sung:
Klar, einleuchtend und falsch. (Henry Louis Mencken)

3d modelling tool for Linux

Post by Joerg Scheurich aka MUFT » Sat, 03 May 2003 19:31:46

Quote:>>  Many free, open source, portable apps exist,
> Blender is a rather good 3D Modeller/Animator and this is GPL since October.
> http://www.blender.org

Pauls list is not intended to be a list of available tools.

There are very much more free, open source, portable apps, e.g wing3d.
Wings3D is a powerfull and easy to use static 3D modeller, it can export
VRML (usable by java/java3D VRML loaders) and is ported to M$Windows,
Unix/Linux and MacOSX.
But is written in the Erlang programming language.

So it is not on Pauls list, cause Paul only count tools written in java.

AFAIK Blender is not written in java, so it will never become part of this
list.

BTW: Do you know the exact place of "the other VRML/X3D exporters" for
     blender beside http://kimballsoftware.com/blender ?

so long
MUFTI
--
The spelling check is complete
Text set to (no proofing) was skipped. To find (no proofing) text, click Edit/

3d modelling tool for Linux

Post by lok » Wed, 07 May 2003 07:31:42

> Hello

>    Where do I get a free 3d modelling tool for Linux.

> Reg
> Sgk

you must have heard of Softimage XSI

they are offering a free evaluation package for linux, but iam not
sure how that differs form the real one.....

1. 3D modelling tool needed!

    I need a 3D modelling tool which will allow me to build polygon
models interactively with a mouse and then spit out a readable (ASCII
would be nice) file of polygons.   I've been told that Wavefront is
a good choice.  Can anyone recommend others?  Especially free ones
that run on X11R5 platforms.

Thanks in advance, please email to me and I will post a summary.

-stephen.

PS Shouldn't this be a FAQ question?

2. Scott Nudds debate team....applications now being accepted

3. Searching 3D-Rendering-Tool(Linux) for network-rendering

4. Starting OpenGL

5. perspective & suicidal tendencies

6. need linux/unix tool for 3d vis

7. pixel buffer extension

8. Win'95 : Linux for POV modelling

9. Modelling Software for Linux?

10. Modelling in Linux

11. Anim modelling software for Unix? (Linux)

12. ANNOUNCE: Sced version 1.0, modelling tool