Dmorfx problem - Run-Time problem - Help?

Dmorfx problem - Run-Time problem - Help?

Post by Dov Sherm » Sat, 10 Apr 1993 10:45:42

I downloaded Dmorf off Wuarchive and I've run into a problem.

I'm running on a PC 386SX with 4 Megs RAM, VGA, and a Mouse.  My files
are two GIF files at 320x200 with 256 colors each.  I finished setting
up the meshes for each image.  I'm using fade and warp but no splines.
Now that I've got it all set up, I ran the GO command but it didn't have
enough memory.  So I switched over to DMORFX so I could use extended
memory.  With the same options, I tried the GO command with DMORFX and
it started processing then crashed with a run-time error.

Any suggestions?  Please?

---- Dov Sherman

Post by Dov Sherm » Sat, 10 Apr 1993 12:14:14

> I downloaded Dmorf off Wuarchive and I've run into a problem.

> I'm running on a PC 386SX with 4 Megs RAM, VGA, and a Mouse.  My files
> are two GIF files at 320x200 with 256 colors each.  I finished setting
> up the meshes for each image.  I'm using fade and warp but no splines.
> Now that I've got it all set up, I ran the GO command but it didn't have
> enough memory.  So I switched over to DMORFX so I could use extended
> memory.  With the same options, I tried the GO command with DMORFX and
> it started processing then crashed with a run-time error.

Whoops!  Correction:  the two file are both 320x200 but one is 32 colors
and the other is 256 colors.  Is this what would cause the error?
If so, can someone recommend a program for changing the number of colors
in a GIF?

By the way, the error occured just after the message "Warping First Picture".
The first picture was the 32-color one.  The error message was:
"Run-Time Error 207 at 0002:2394"

Any suggestions?  Pretty please?
--- Dov Sherman

Dmorfx problem - Run-Time problem - Help?

Post by Dov Sherm » Mon, 12 Apr 1993 16:29:14

Never mind.  I got hold off DMORF v1.0 and the morph worked out okay as
 long as I don't use a spline-mesh.

By the way, DMORF is great!

--- Dov Sherman

1. Problems with dmorfx

        I have been having problems with the output from dmorfx.  It worked
OK once, but now the frame files have "junk," random horizontal lines in the
middle.  Here is what I am doing, any help would be appreciated.
Crop a face to 320x200
convert to grayscale  (both with Paint Shop Pro)
Do same with another face
Run RTM.EXE
Run dmorfx file1 file2
use default settings, press GO
Garbage
        The same happens whether I use GIF or TGA for file1 & file2.  E-mail
is preferred, I'll post if enough interest.  Thanks.

Jeramia Ory

2. Trimming a Nurbs Surface - Part II

3. Problem when stretchdrawing a bitmap at Run-time

4. CRT Effect?

5. Help: Problem running trueSpace 1.0a in Win95

6. Optimal handling vertex normals for Gouraud shading

7. Problems Running 3D Studio - PLEASE HELP!

8. Triangle normals

9. HELP! Problem running 3D Studio r4

10. Running OpenGL problem..Please Help me!

11. can GLUT use with C++builder??,i have a link time problem,plz help me?Kthanks

12. Help Please:Creating Controls in run time

13. Need help with resizing pics at run time.