How is Oxygen 202 cards 2D performance.

Post by tony.. » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

I am thinking of getting the Oxygen 202 card to take advantage of
openGL acceleraton with my 3D program.  However, I also intend to run
several 2D apps like photoshop.

My question: how is the 2D performance with this card.
Is it unusable.
My only reference is my current video card which is a Diamond Stealth
with 2 MB of VRAM.  Will it be at least as good as this in terms of
performance.

Post by John Nag » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

>I am thinking of getting the Oxygen 202 card to take advantage of
>openGL acceleraton with my 3D program.  However, I also intend to run
>several 2D apps like photoshop.
>My question: how is the 2D performance with this card.

     Mediocre.  DP's V192 was faster in 2D.  Most good 2D boards will
be faster.

                                        John Nagle

Post by Paul Breitzman » Sat, 01 Nov 1997 04:00:00

> >I am thinking of getting the Oxygen 202 card to take advantage of
> >openGL acceleraton with my 3D program.  However, I also intend to run
> >several 2D apps like photoshop.

> >My question: how is the 2D performance with this card.

>      Mediocre.  DP's V192 was faster in 2D.  Most good 2D boards will
> be faster.

>                                         John Nagle

  Although it sounds like you're looking to spend a lot more than this,
you might want to consider the new voodoo ruch chipset.  There are several
2D/3D combination cards out now that I've heard decent things about.

1. How is 2D performance with Oxygen 202 card.

Well, first off, it will run any 2D application like photoshop or corel, or
even 3D texturing apps like MeshPaint3D and 4D  Paint.  On the downside,
windows games will only play in windowed mode (at a very low framerate).
And any applications using direct draw will only be displayed in windowed
mode also.  But it will be able to use the Open GL feature in LW 5.5, which
is very helpful in texturing an object.   You won't have to render the thing
over and over again to check your textures.

2. Help, i need info on converting images

3. SELL 3D Accelerator card Oxygen 202 PCI OpenGL

4. Midi files in Premiere

5. Trying to find best card for 3DS MAX -- Intergraph Z13 vs Oxygen 202

6. General Bresenham?

7. I want an Oxygen 202 card

8. Tesselation blues

9. please help: diamond firegl 3000 vs dynamic picture oxygen 202

10. Oxygen 202 woes...