DV/Hi-8 Editing Control Update

Post by Gary Meyer, TAO Media System » Tue, 30 Sep 1997 04:00:00

COMPATIBILITY UPDATE 9/29/97:

TAO's L-Port422 control protocol converter now supports:

NLE SYSTEMS
Avid (all Mac models;  NT coming soon)
Media-100
D-Vision
SpeedRazor
DPS
PostBox
Premiere-Mac

CONTROLLERS
Sony: RM-450, PVE-500, BVE-800, BVE-2000 and others
Panasonic: AG-A350, AG-A770, AG-A850
JVC:  RM-G860U and others

CAMCORDERS
DV:  VX-1000, VX-700, PC-7 need VMC-LM7 adapter, DSR-200,
Hi-8: Any with Control-L and RC time code.

VCRs
DV:  DSR-30, DHR-1000
Hi-8: Any with Control-L and RC time code.

TAO's L-Port422 lets you control your DV or Hi-8 camcorder/VCR from any
RS-422 editing system.

http://www.taosys.com
310-455-1711

1. sending the output of a Timer control to a edit box control

Hi,

I'm writing a pedagogical program to compare binary vs. linear searches
and I'm trying to use a timer control.  Enabling and disabling the timer
is no problem.  The problem I am having is in sending the timer value to
a edit box control.  The code for the linear search is given below.  )A
search value is entered and an array (external to the search function is
searched for the value.  The search works fine.  The problem is just in
how I'm handling the timer).  I have searched the available newsgroup
posts for a similar problem and have found none at this time.

void __fastcall TForm1::LinearClick(TObject *Sender)
{
    Timer1->Enabled=true;
    int SearchNum = StrToInt(SearchNumber->Text);

    for (int i = 0; i < sizea; i++)
    {
        if (SearchNum == a[i])
        {
            ArrayOut->Text = "Number found at position " + IntToStr(i);
            break;
        }
    Timer1->Enabled=false;
    TimeOut->Text = IntToString(Timer1);                 //
<<<<<<<<<<<<< error occures here
    ArrayOut->Text = "Search Number is not in the array";
    }

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Steven

2. Renderman Product Specs question

3. advice on upgrading G4 for DV editing (FCE?)

4. Paint program for screen annotation

5. O.T edit DV..?

6. Anyone want to trade Max 2.0 Plug-ins?

7. AVID Announces Free DV Editing Software

8. Mouse Hit Testing on a Hex Grid

9. Which DV editing software?

10. DV editing confusion

11. Using MSP to edit DV Video

12. How to initiate control of dv camera at capture with MSP 6

13. Control DV camcorder - question