Flickering flame light

Post by man.. » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

What is the easiest way to create a light source which woould be
produced by a flame, with the slight flickering.  Also what color
should the light source be?  Would it be the same for a small flame
and a large bonfire?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Flickering flame light

Post by Mand » Wed, 11 Aug 1999 04:00:00

>What is the easiest way to create a light source which woould be
>produced by a flame, with the slight flickering.  Also what color
>should the light source be?  Would it be the same for a small flame
>and a large bonfire?  Any help is greatly appreciated.

forgot to say in 3DS MAX 2.5 =)

Flickering flame light

Post by heikki anttil » Thu, 12 Aug 1999 04:00:00

go to track view assign noise controller to multiplier.

I would use maybe a couple of lights with bit different settings. Light
should be reddish or orangish. I think it goes so that the hotter (often
also bigger) the flame is the whiter the color. Good idea could be to
put dim red light that is not flickering so that when main light is
dimmer the light looks more red.

heikki

1. Flame, flame, flame, flame, ...

        Further to the question I asked a little while ago: I have now determined, by
experiment, that  POV3B6 will not accept a warp modifier within a halo
statement: it returns a " } expected but warp found "  error message (I may
not have that verbatim but it's the usual I Can't Eat This  error message.)
        This leaves me (and anybody else who is trying to create several
different-looking flames or other spherical halo objects in a picture) where I
was before.  The closest to a workaround I have been able to find is rotating
the flames through a random angle around the y axis. It's not perfect but it
does sort of hide the fact that they're all really one flame.  Is there any
better way to do this? (I suppose minor changes in the quantity of turbulence
would help too; but it would really be good to have some way to use a
different _part_ of the turbulence field!)

-Robert Dawson

2. Software for drawing cyclic networks

3. Flickering flames via noise controllers--how?

4. Problems converting DXF to POV

5. Flames, Flickers and Fireballs

6. runtime error from opengl32.lib?

7. Flicker Flicker Flicker and big Bitmaps

8. How Do I Capture Windows as Graphics?

9. Flicker Flicker Always a Flicker

10. Please help with Pilot Light (flame)

11. Flicker Light Studio presents Tom Repasky

12. BMRT&flickering lights

13. flickering lights