Animated Gifs on an olde MAC SE ????

Post by UZS.. » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Well, I can do Director (3.*), Photoshop (2.*) etc on my old SE,
but as far as I could see: there is NO programm (yet!!), that can
do animated gifs. The one I have works nicely on 68020 and better....
I dont want much, the app should be able to import PICTs or
whatever and export and display animated gifs. Well speed (aka delay
between the frames should be adjustable, also the exact place of
the single pictures.
Maybe I overlooked something that allready exists or some kind
soul writes such a beast ;-) A quick hack ???;-)

Heiko

Post by Joe Crawfo » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> Well, I can do Director (3.*), Photoshop (2.*) etc on my old SE,
> but as far as I could see: there is NO programm (yet!!), that can
> do animated gifs. The one I have works nicely on 68020 and better....
> I dont want much, the app should be able to import PICTs or
> whatever and export and display animated gifs. Well speed (aka delay
> between the frames should be adjustable, also the exact place of
> the single pictures.
> Maybe I overlooked something that allready exists or some kind
> soul writes such a beast ;-) A quick hack ???;-)

> Heiko

GifBuilder won't work? I thought it was a pretty slim and simple utility:
http://iawww.epfl.ch/Staff/Yves.Piguet/clip2gif-home/GifBuilder.html

It's a great app - find it hard to beleive it won't run on a 68020 - I
have it, checked the docs and saw nothing about "requires this or that" to
run.

Perhaps GraphicConverter could help?
http://www.lemkesoft.de

Good luck!

Joe

Joe Crawford  > ArtLung = Artist + Respiratory Therapist <
              <          W e b    D e s i g n e r        <

Post by UZS.. » Sat, 14 Feb 1998 04:00:00

>> Well, I can do Director (3.*), Photoshop (2.*) etc on my old SE,
>> but as far as I could see: there is NO programm (yet!!), that can
>> do animated gifs. The one I have works nicely on 68020 and better....

>GifBuilder won't work? I thought it was a pretty slim and simple utility:

>It's a great app - find it hard to beleive it won't run on a 68020 - I
>have it, checked the docs and saw nothing about "requires this or that" to
>run.

It doesnt work. The SE is a 68000, no color etc...but who cares.

Quote:

>Perhaps GraphicConverter could help?

Nope. I was hoping, GIF Converter would do it, but it crashed etc..
There should be something more simple than our famous Gif Builder.

Welkl, somebody is ringing at the door, bye, Heiko

1. ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS ANIMATED GIFS

Check out my homepage for animated gifs. The coolest animated gifs can be
found here. Up to now I have 1.5Megs of animated gifs and the collection
is growing larger and larger every day.

Check it out N O W

The Webmaster
                Even the longest journey  cannot
                              end
                 before the first step is taken

          http://www.geocities.com/siliconvalley/7406

2. StarTrek-Techtalk

3. Animated gifs - animated gifs - animated gifs bonanza

4. How: glittering(?) water

5. Animated Gifs animated gifs

6. disp145.zip [0/7]

7. transperant animated gifs? (mac)

8. A wireframe data file wanted!

9. IE5.0 bug with animated gifs on mac

10. animated gifs to animated cursors

11. Animated Weather --- animating a bunch of .gifs

12. mathias@se-datateknik.se

13. FA: Xceed Grayscale adaptor for Mac SE/30