WHAT IS YOUR WORKSTATION LIKE?

Post by Ernie Er » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 05:46:22

What kind of workstations do you guys have?  Mac or PC?  What kind of video
card?  What kind of motherboard?  Are you professionals, students, or
hobbyists?

1. My Atmosphere look likes chunks of stuff!!

Hi All

After playing around with Povray's atmosphere settings I got the
atmosphere and spotlight where I like.  However the atmosphere literally
looks like chunks of stuff falling from the sky.   I have played around
with atmosphere types, distance settings, sample rates, skatering and so
on.  I normally do not mind expermenting with settings until I get
things correct,  but atmosphere renderings take so long.  If anyone has
any suggestions on how I can get the atmosphere to look 'proper' i.e., a
slight haze or highlight surrounding a distant staircase, I would
appreiate it.

The image is at:
http://www.tiac.net/users/sbaker/mgcland.htm

The code for the atmosphere is...
 atmosphere {
    type 2
    samples 10
    distance 900
    scattering 0.01
    jitter 0.4
  }

The lights over the spiral staircase is...
light_source {    //light above stair
        <30, 400, 90>
        color White
        spotlight
        point_at <30, -10, 90>
        radius 2.00
        falloff 3.00
        tightness 100.00
     atmospheric_attenuation on
light_source {    //light above stair column orange-red
        <30, 399, 90>
        color OrangeRed
        spotlight
        point_at <30, -10, 90>
        radius 1
        falloff 1.5
        tightness 1.00
     atmospheric_attenuation on

Thanks in advance

-Stephen

http://www.tiac.net/users/sbaker

2. Help 3dstudio max 2

3. liking video outputs to a all-in-one computer

4. Wanted, digital image retoucher

5. seems like god likes to play with hypervoxels3

6. finding where on a voxel a ray intersects

7. No one likes Me.

8. glBlendEquationEXT -- how to shut OFF ?

9. Extensions in MSVC++ 5.0 and the likes.....