what is renderman rendering?

Post by Dan L » Sun, 16 Oct 1994 06:45:13

I realize that this may be a very basic question to ask, but can someone explain to me what it is that differentiates renderman rendering from other types of rendering?  Does renderman rendering mean that the rendering model uses lighting models, texture models, and other models as defined by some specification created by Pixar?

Thanks in advance for any insight,
(email will be fine so any responses don't take bandwidth)

- Dan

1. I am new, HELP i want renderman i want to animate

how can i get RenderMan? What do i need to use it, what can i learn, I want to
learn how to engineer some computer graphics and animated effects what do i
need, what should i read, do i need other things, do i have to pay for
something please help me
 i would like to learn the ways of (computer graphics )and become and
(animator) like my father. well not my father but still.

help me,pleaese
thanks for your help

2. Convert povray model to .stl-format?

3. Am I rendering by Hardware or Software?

4. VRML importer for 3d max

5. hey guys i am BEGGING for help on this (rendering)

6. Alias 8.5 on IRIX 6.5?

7. Am I rendering by Hardware or Software?

8. Buying software on evaluation basis?

9. Hi, I am doing a paper on 3D-boards, and I am looking for definitions

10. Possible to render Isosurface with renderman-compliant renderer?

11. ANN: RhinoMan update available (Rhino3d - RenderMan rendering plug-in)

12. Field Rendering in RenderMan (BMRT)?

13. Rendering with Maya 4 & RenderMan 4.5