Should I get Animator Studio?

Post by Erik Hermanse » Sun, 01 Jun 1997 04:00:00

I wanted to hear from some people that have used Autodesk Animator
Studio.  I have read the tiny bit of info on their site and viewed their
CD-ROM demo (slideshow type thing, not the actual program).  I want to
make animations that play on a computer.

Some questions:

- Does it store the frames you are working with in memory or on disk?
Of course you can save the animation to disk, but when you are working
with it where is it kept?  In other words: am I going to have to buy a
bunch of memory to work with longer anims?

- I sorta see from the demo how you can put an animated object into the
working area and specify a path for it across the frames of your
animation. Can you edit the nodes on the path where the object frame
switches so that you can specify exactly what object frame it should be
at?

- Can you make the objects scale bigger and smaller along the path?

- Can you save the project with a discrete background, objects, and
paths or only the resulting frames after rendering?

- What kinds of limitations have you run into while using AAS?

1. 3D Studio w/lquid speed, Animator Studio, Animator Pro +lots more 1000.00

1000.00 includes the following:

3D Studio Version 4.0 with all Documentation and Key
Liquid Speed and Key
Animator Pro With all Documentation
Animator Studio With all Documentation
3ds Ipas 3 Toolkit with Documentation
Release 4 supplement to 3DS Applied,  with Disk
Inside 3D Studio Rel 4, with CD that includes hundreds of useful Ipas
Routines and thousands of textures and materials.
All This for 1000.00 +shipping costs.
Also included is a few misc. ipas routines, that I don't feel like going
through to list right now.

2. Blitting an image into a texture

3. Animator Studio vs Animator Pro

4. 2nd CFV: comp.graphics.apps.after-effects

5. 3D Studio & Animator Studio troubles

6. Anonymous FTP GIF sites

7. Considering getting Animator V7...

8. InstallationWoeWoeWoe...

9. Trying to uninsatll 3d studio Max R4 but getting error1606

10. Help me getting started with 3d studio max

11. Animator Studio