HELP HELP HELP HELP HELPHELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Post by Kevin Glees » Tue, 31 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>help! i have searched hi and lo far and wide left no stone un-turned but
>still cant find a tool that can help me make animated gifs easly
>so could someone please help me, tell me where i can find one??????
>thanx

Hi

You don't say whether you want software to compile the animations or to creat
animations themselves or what platform yuo are on. I'll assume for the moment
that you can create the images, but need to compile them and that you are
using windows95.

Microsoft has a product called (surprise, surprise) the Microsoft Gif
Animator. I think you'll find that at www.windows95.com or at
www.microsoft.com

I haven't used that one much so can't comment on it.

The more widely used is the Gif Construction Set and you'll find that at:

http://www.mindworkshop.com/alchemy/gifcon.html

I like Futuresplash Animator, as it both an animation package and can compile
bitmap images into animated gifs, including the ability to resize and position
them in the process. It's also available for Mac.

This one will cost you $250, though. There's also a 30 day trial version
available.

That can be found at:
http://www.futurewave.com/fsindex.html

Hope that helps