2D computer animation

Post by dlucc » Fri, 20 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am interested in finding a professional and easy to use 2D animation
program.

Thank you very much.

David

2D computer animation

Post by Mark Bor » Mon, 30 Nov 1998 04:00:00

> I am interested in finding a professional and easy to use 2D animation
> program.

> Thank you very much.

> David

On Mac or Windows, the best I can think of is Macromedia's Flash (assuming
you're not in the market for a high-end program costing tens of thousands
that runs on SGI). Although Flash is designed for delivering over the web,
it has features that make it quite useful for other purposes, especially
if you combine it with a program like Adobe AfterEffects for compositing.
MetaCreations Painter is also a good program to have, especially if you're
doing all of your graphics on the computer. It has limited animation
capabilities but is very good for creating unusual textures as well as for
storyboards/story reels and doing rough sketches for the finished
animation. Of course, I'm assuming that you're doing traditional cel
animation. If you're only doing motion graphics, like title sequences,
AfterEffects or Puffin Designs Commotion is all you should need.

--Mark

--
Mark Borok
"Restless Graphics"

2D computer animation

Post by Michael Siero » Thu, 03 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I've had a question about AfterEffects. I'd like to create a movie in AE
made entirely out of individual PICT files created in Painter and
Photoshop. Is that possible? Would a cheaper video editor like Strata's
Video Shop work just as well in terms of compositing and outputing as QT
files? I have Flash, but I don't want to create vector art in this
project.

2D computer animation

Post by jlthomp.. » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I recommend Macromedia Flash

> > I am interested in finding a professional and easy to use 2D animation
> > program.

> > Thank you very much.

> > David

> On Mac or Windows, the best I can think of is Macromedia's Flash (assuming
> you're not in the market for a high-end program costing tens of thousands
> that runs on SGI). Although Flash is designed for delivering over the web,
> it has features that make it quite useful for other purposes, especially
> if you combine it with a program like Adobe AfterEffects for compositing.
> MetaCreations Painter is also a good program to have, especially if you're
> doing all of your graphics on the computer. It has limited animation
> capabilities but is very good for creating unusual textures as well as for
> storyboards/story reels and doing rough sketches for the finished
> animation. Of course, I'm assuming that you're doing traditional cel
> animation. If you're only doing motion graphics, like title sequences,
> AfterEffects or Puffin Designs Commotion is all you should need.

> --Mark

> --
> Mark Borok
> "Restless Graphics"
> Animation and multimedia design
> http://www.mindspring.com/~mborok
> Remove "spamless" from email address to respond

2D computer animation

Post by gfx.. » Sat, 05 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I've had a question about AfterEffects. I'd like to create a movie in AE
>made entirely out of individual PICT files created in Painter and
>Photoshop. Is that possible? Would a cheaper video editor like Strata's
>Video Shop work just as well in terms of compositing and outputing as QT
>files? I have Flash, but I don't want to create vector art in this
>project.

Yes AE will do it, but VS will do it cheaper.
AE has more choices and overall power (matting control over keying
etc.) you could also look at getting premiere and doing the same
thing...

remove the spam from my email box to speak with me

Web address
http://www.potomacvmi.net

1. 2D Computer Animation

Can anyone tell me the pros and cons of the following programs or
recommend one that is good for character animation on a pentium.

1) Painter (Fractal Design)
2) Animation Paint Box (Azeena Tech)
3) Animation Works & Animation Works Interactive (Gold Disk)
4) Animator Pro & Animator Studio (AutoDesk)
5) Lumena (Western Imaging)
6) Not sure of name ? (Hashes Group)

Thanks so much.

2. REGISTER: Web3D 2001 Symposium

3. cinema quality computer animation (2d) ??HOW??

4. PI Album: Is it rugged for lage collection?

5. 2D computer artist wanted for computer game company

6. gtkglarea and libglade

7. 2D ANIMATION VS. 3D ANIMATION: PhD THESIS

8. Help on Basics ... Moving Bar Graph

9. 3D ANIMATION VS. 2D CLASSIC ANIMATION: PhD THESIS

10. 2D ANIMATION Vs. 3D ANIMATION: PhD THESIS

11. 2D ANIMATION Vs. 3D ANIMATION: PhD. THESIS

12. Resume: Computer Artist, Designer, Exp.in 2D&3D, Games, Multimedia, Artist