Using DirectDraw and OpenGl on the same time

Using DirectDraw and OpenGl on the same time

Post by HervĂ© BERRIO » Sat, 03 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if it was possible to run an DirectDraw app and an OpenGl
app on the same computer (simultaneously) with the hardware acceleration for
both app ? Here's my aim:
    animate bitmap in the DD app.
    render a complete scene in my OGL App.

The most important is to take benefit from the OGL hardware but that would
be interresting to benefit from DD hardware too.

I'm assuming for the moment that the video card has both OpenGl & DD
capabilities (the targeted card is an Intergraph)

Thanks for any answer,
| Herv BERRIOT

| WWW: http://www.club-internet.fr/perso/hberriot/

1. OpenGL Using DirectDraw And 2D with 3dfx

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to blit 2D gfx, using either
directdraw or standard gdi blits ontop of AND under openGL renderings.

That is, can I blit something, then render 3d objects, then blit
again?

If this is the case, does this work with a fullscreen window and using
the 3fdx openGL dll?

I've done a little test but couldn't get it to work.. I set up a
fullscreen window using directdraw and then initializes open-gl. So
far no problem.

I also manage to render to the double buffer and then switch buffers
to behold the rendered object.

But I can't seem to blit anything before or after I render to any
directdraw surface!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Regards, Daniel Jeppsson

          HACK - A game in progress
http://www.efd.lth.se/~d94dj/droff.html

2. What do I need?

3. 3D Text using DirectDraw, Direct3d, or OpenGL

4. Lightscape radiosity

5. real time flight simulation using OPENGL

6. LightWaves future in the games industry ?

7. Having hard time using XGetImage with glDrawPixels in OpenGL

8. Where is netlib/polyhedra now?

9. using Irig time signals to time stamp video frames

10. DirectDraw Timing

11. Design Time DirectDraw Panel or Form

12. Making multiple document(window mode) using DirectDraw

13. Making multiple window using DirectDraw