histogram question

Post by Markus Sui » Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:23:35

Hi,

I have no experience with opengl. I actually don't want to use it for
rendering purposes. I would like to get histograms of single triangles
in arbitrary positions in an image. I want to try if using openGL
hardware in this way speeds up an image segmentation algorithm.

I know that it is possible to get a histogram of a whole image.
What do i have to do to get a histogram of a triangular patch of a 2D
image ?

Thanx, Markus.

1. OpenGL Convolution & Histograms question

I've got a quick question concerning the convolution & histogram
extensions under the SGI implementation of OpenGL.  I'm using RE3
hardware under IRIX 6.2.  The routines don't seem much faster (if at
all) than the pure CPU counterparts that I coded up.  Does anyone know
if these two extensions actually use the graphics hardware or are they
implemented using the CPU instead.

Thanks in advance.

--
 Regards,
   Loren Knutson

2. Adobe Premiere forum?

3. Histogram Question

4. Decreasing of 3D data size

5. PSP 6.0 Histogram question

6. New to BMRT, new to Maya

7. Histogram questions

8. WANTED: Alias Animator for Location Based Entertainment -- Burbank, CA

9. Histogram question

10. Scanner/Histogram Question

11. HISTOGRAM Question

12. OpenGL Convolution & Histograms question