ARB_multisample question

Post by <- Chameleon -> » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 01:50:36

I want Full Scene Antialiasing in my sample program.

I know that I must use ARB_multisample extension.

Is this portable such as OpenGL?

I saw that I must use WGL_ARB_pixel_format extension which is only for MS
Windows.

If I want my program portable in all Operating Systems, I must not use
FSAA???

Thanks

ARB_multisample question

Post by fungu » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 05:29:04

> I know that I must use ARB_multisample extension.

> Is this portable such as OpenGL?

> I saw that I must use WGL_ARB_pixel_format extension which is only for MS
> Windows.

> If I want my program portable in all Operating Systems, I must not use
> FSAA???

Code to configure the frame buffer and open a window
is *always* OS dependent...!

--
<\___/>          For email, remove my socks.
/ O O \

1. OpenGL 1.3 and ARB_Multisample

My GeForce 256, does not report the ARB fullscene AA extension
(ARB_multisample).

Is it because I have to get the new fancy pixel format functions through
WGLGetExt and then select a multisample pixel format, before the rendering
context will show it or what?

Odin Jensen

BTW : I've read the doc from NVidia on the subject, so I'm just asking
around here J

2. How to display GIF animation in Dos?

3. ARB_multisample

4. Help needed with portfolio

5. Questions, questions, questions.

6. Render area ==> pixmap

7. question, question, question

8. Volumizer -> why is tesselation necessary

9. Renderfarm question - DVD question - Connection question

10. Questions, questions, questions

11. questions questions questions!

12. Questions...Questions..

13. Questions...Questions...