GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

Post by Nelchae » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 08:44:19

If I enable GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, textures will be filtered
using this filter not that wich I specify with glTexParameterf() ?

--
Krzysiek 'Nelchael' Pawlik

<www.demonica.prv.pl>

GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic

Post by Ruslan Abdikee » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 20:39:14

Quote:> If I enable GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, textures will be filtered
> using this filter not that wich I specify with glTexParameterf() ?

Not necessarily.

"The particular scheme for anisotropic texture filtering is
implementation dependent. Additionally, implementations are free
to consider the current texture minification and magnification modes
to control the specifics of the anisotropic filtering scheme used."

Sincerely,

Ruslan Abdikeev
VR-1 Entertainment Corp.
www.vr1.com

Post by Nelchae » Tue, 17 Apr 2001 23:50:43

| "The particular scheme for anisotropic texture filtering is
| implementation dependent. Additionally, implementations are free
| to consider the current texture minification and magnification modes
| to control the specifics of the anisotropic filtering scheme used."

So if enable GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic i'll just tell
the renderer that, it *can* use anisotropic filtering?

--
Krzysiek 'Nelchael' Pawlik

<www.demonica.prv.pl>