HELP: GLUT on X Window running on Windows 95

HELP: GLUT on X Window running on Windows 95

Post by Hongtao X » Fri, 24 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I am running Solaris in our lab on my Windows 95 at home. I compiled a
OpenGl program at home on Solaris and run it. It said there is no local
support of GLUT. I do have a windows version on my Windows 95. I really
don't know what it is asking for. Whether it is asking for a Solaris
compatible GLUT libaray or what? Can you guys help me?

Thank you very much.
Henry

HELP: GLUT on X Window running on Windows 95

Post by JDoe » Sat, 25 Nov 2000 12:05:16

Are the glut libraries installed on the Solaris box??
Did you get this error as a compile error or a run-time error?

Quote:>I am running Solaris in our lab on my Windows 95 at home. I compiled a
>OpenGl program at home on Solaris and run it. It said there is no local
>support of GLUT. I do have a windows version on my Windows 95. I really
>don't know what it is asking for. Whether it is asking for a Solaris
>compatible GLUT libaray or what? Can you guys help me?

>Thank you very much.
>Henry

HELP: GLUT on X Window running on Windows 95

Post by V-ma » Sun, 26 Nov 2000 04:12:19

windows programs need the windows libraries.

glut32.dll should be enough.
There is also a glut.dll

put them in the windows\system folder

V-man

> I am running Solaris in our lab on my Windows 95 at home. I compiled a
> OpenGl program at home on Solaris and run it. It said there is no local
> support of GLUT. I do have a windows version on my Windows 95. I really
> don't know what it is asking for. Whether it is asking for a Solaris
> compatible GLUT libaray or what? Can you guys help me?

> Thank you very much.
> Henry

1. GLUT for Windows NT and Windows 95

: |> [...]
: |> wondering if anyone has ported the GLUT to NT.

: A freely distributable OpenGL Utility Toolkit (GLUT) library
: for Windows NT 3.5 (and presumably Windows 95) is in the works.
: I'm not the one working on it, so I'll leave it to Nate to
: explain the status of his work.  From the status message he sent
: to me, it sounds reasonably far along.

Yes, we are fairly far along, there are only a few things left to implement.
We are currently distributing alpha versions of the port to anyone that
would like a copy.  It currently compiles using Visual C++ 2.2, and most of
the example programs work.  I have tested it successfully under Windows NT

-Nate

--
    /|   .--.--
   / |  /(___)

2. VT320 viewer

3. HELP: Running Quark Xpress under Windows 95

4. GraphicArtist wanted !

5. Running Data Explorer under Windows 95

6. Opening Nikon .NEF files in CS

7. Macromodel won't run in Windows 95 Build 347

8. QV Q & A

9. HOW TO RUN 3D STUDIO R4 UNDER WINDOWS 95

10. Running 3d Syudio under Windows 95

11. out of memory while running 3d24 under windows '95

12. Can 3ds4 run in Windows 95 ?