display the content of .tri files

Post by Guillaume Heusc » Fri, 03 May 2002 23:30:54

Hi Everybody,

I want to load vertices (and display it !) from a .tri file (I also have
the corresponding .n, .pts and .wrl files). I have no idea how to do it
(my knowledge in C is a bit limited...) ! Can somebody help me.

Thanks for your support

Guillaume

display the content of .tri files

Post by sven » Sat, 04 May 2002 18:40:51

hi

without any idea, what a .tri file might be, i'd advice nehe.gamedev.net,
opengl tutorial 10.
it's C and it's loading tris from a file & display them.

sven

> Hi Everybody,

> I want to load vertices (and display it !) from a .tri file (I also have
> the corresponding .n, .pts and .wrl files). I have no idea how to do it
> (my knowledge in C is a bit limited...) ! Can somebody help me.

> Thanks for your support

> Guillaume

1. tri tri collision with a twist.

I writing some phyics code for a game engine and have come accross a slight
problem with tri-tri collisions. I am using the method of seperating axis
technique as discussed in "3d game engine design"
The problem is the "handedness" (as in right handed or left handed) of the
triangles is not always the same throughout a mesh.  I think this is messing
up my tri-tri collision code.  If manually build a mesh making sure each
triangle is left-handed then it works fine. But I can't garantee this for
other meshes.

Is there anyway to modify the sep. axis test for triangles to account for
this? Or should I use a diff tri-tri test.

confused!

2. Pittsburgh SIGGRAPH Meeting

3. Missing files or misnamed files in Content directory

4. LW in 3D Design ...

5. Mirror the content of a display list

6. Raytraced material crashes MAX

7. How to display variable contents

8. WS_EX_TRANSPARENT effect

9. Printing the contents of a large form (not all displayed on screen)

10. Displaying folder content

11. how to display a GIF image in CB4?(no content)

12. Displaying activeX control contents on Direct Draw surface

13. format of alias binary .tri files?