Problems with VisualC++ 5.0. and OpenGL

Post by natx » Fri, 25 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I'm a beginner programmer in OpenGL. Anybody knows how i can compile
OpenGL example with VisualC++ 5.0.?
I try to compile an easy example, and the error message is:

c:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\DEVSTUDIO\VC\INCLUDE\eh.h(32) : fatal error
C1189: #error :  "eh.h is only for C++!"

Thank you in Advance.

Natxo Cabr

e-mail without NOSPAM

Problems with VisualC++ 5.0. and OpenGL

Post by Gordon Ha » Sat, 26 Dec 1998 04:00:00

On Thu, 24 Dec 1998 19:05:29 +0100, in comp.graphics.api.opengl natxo

>I'm a beginner programmer in OpenGL. Anybody knows how i can compile
>OpenGL example with VisualC++ 5.0.?
>I try to compile an easy example, and the error message is:

>c:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\DEVSTUDIO\VC\INCLUDE\eh.h(32) : fatal error
>C1189: #error :  "eh.h is only for C++!"

whats in the eh.h file?

Gordon Hart

Problems with VisualC++ 5.0. and OpenGL

Post by Alex Cadri » Sat, 26 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>whats in the eh.h file?

eh.h is the exception handling header file in VC++
( I don't know if it is IsoC++ but it is not really the question ) .
The problem should be :
#ifndef __cplusplus
#error "eh.h is only for C++!"
#endif

The macro __cplusplus is defined by the preprocessor when the object source
code your are compiling is in a .cpp file. The file you are compiling
probably has a .c extension. I guess that sample was written on Unix with a
.C extension. The unix-to-windows case-sensitive-to-hazard transfer
magically transformed your C++ file in a C file. If these suppositions are
asserted, then just rename your files with the .cpp extension and it should
work.

Merry Christmas!
Alex Cadrin.

Problems with VisualC++ 5.0. and OpenGL

Post by Uwe Kotyczk » Tue, 05 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Have a look at my OpenGl example at
http://www.minet.uni-jena.de/~kotyczka/opengl.html

Uwe.

natxo schrieb:

>  I'm a beginner programmer in OpenGL. Anybody knows how i can compile
> OpenGL example with VisualC++ 5.0.?
> I try to compile an easy example, and the error message is:

> c:\ARCHIVOS DE PROGRAMA\DEVSTUDIO\VC\INCLUDE\eh.h(32) : fatal error
> C1189: #error :  "eh.h is only for C++!"

> Thank you in Advance.

> Natxo Cabr

> e-mail without NOSPAM

1. openGL and VisualC++

Hi,

I am new in OpenGL and visualC++. I'm reading "Using OpenGL in Visual
C++" by Alan Oursland, it's a excelent material, and some other books
about OpenGL and Visual C++.

All the examples and documents that I'm reading tell me how to create
figures directly in the window (in response to OnPaint, RenderScene
functions). I need to know how to manipulate a toolbar in OpenGL. (I'm
doing a project to create solids, and in my toolbar I have buttons with
the figures (block, cone, cylinder...)

My problem is when I use the toolbar (for example the function is
OnCylinder() ), I define all the necessary code to create the cylinder
but the window is flickering (I have double buffering, and the figures
are o.k. if I put the code in the function RenderScene())

I would appreciate your recommendations about books, links, comments,
..., or if any know how do it or could send me the code for a simple
example.

Many thanks,
Soco.

  enmsa.vcf
< 1K Download

2. Multiplatform Graphics Capability

3. openGL, VisualC++6, glut Problems- HELP!

4. How can I obtain this effect ? - PS Tutorial.gif (1/1)

5. OpenGL+ MFC +VisualC++5 problem

6. Need advice on Linux Opengl color problem

7. OpenGl and VisualC++

8. ImageMagick 2.3.4.2 reads/writes XPM

9. VisualC++ viewing problems...

10. MS-VisualC++5.0 & OpenGL

11. Fullscreen using VisualC++ and CView

12. compiling gl code with VisualC++ 4.0

13. gluTessCallback() use under VisualC++ 4