3D studio export to OpenGL

Post by Alvin Cheun » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

Can any one give me some hints in how to export the 3D studio Max drawing
into a openGL program in C++ language?
Thanks really alot

Alvin

3D studio export to OpenGL

Post by Richard John Cavel » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

> Can any one give me some hints in how to export the 3D studio Max drawing
> into a openGL program in C++ language?
> Thanks really alot

That would be pretty similar to a QuakeViewer.  There are oodles of texts
on quake models.

Richard.

3D studio export to OpenGL

Post by bunn » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

I find that using 3D Studio Max's ascii export option (export to .ase) is
useful if you dont want to write your own max export plugin. Parsing an ase
file is reasonably simple.

> Can any one give me some hints in how to export the 3D studio Max drawing
> into a openGL program in C++ language?
> Thanks really alot

> Alvin

3D studio export to OpenGL

Post by Andy Maddiso » Mon, 01 May 2000 04:00:00

Have a look at 3d-exploration by X-Dimension Software.

URL is http://www.xdsoft.com/explorer/

Andy.

>Can any one give me some hints in how to export the 3D studio Max drawing
>into a openGL program in C++ language?
>Thanks really alot

>Alvin

3D studio export to OpenGL

Post by Anders Modé » Thu, 04 May 2000 04:00:00

You can always use the Gizmo3D toolkit.

at http://www.linux3d.net/gizmo3d/

for Irix,Win32 and Linux to read in .3ds files or .wrl files

/Anders

Quote:> Can any one give me some hints in how to export the 3D studio Max drawing
> into a openGL program in C++ language?
> Thanks really alot

> Alvin

3D studio export to OpenGL

Post by Michael McTerna » Mon, 08 May 2000 04:00:00

>Can any one give me some hints in how to export the 3D studio Max drawing
>into a openGL program in C++ language?

I've written an ASE parser, but it needs to be made into a demo, and I have
exams.

It will be public in a month :(

Sorry for the delays,

Mike

1. 3D Studio MAX mesh exporting to OpenGL Code

Hi all,

Quick question,

Procedure:
a) I have currently been doing 3D mesh and texture coordinate calcuations
in 3D studio MAX.
b) I then export this static model to *.3DS files.
c) I use Keith Rule's shareware CrossRoads to import *.3DS files and export
to C Source code.
d) I rebuild the geometry of the C-Source code via OpenGL calls.
e) Everything is COOL,  EXCEPT ---  My texture coordinates are not perfect
(i.e. exactly like 3DS MAX!)

What to do:
a) Does anyone know where I can find either a C-Source code exporter or a
Direct OpenGL exporter for 3D Studio MAX where my Mesh and Texture
coordinates will be "Perfectly the same???"
b) Or is there another program (Like Crossroads) that can do this for me!

c) I have money...   I need this!!!  :-)

Thanks!

T.Sawyer

2. Learning PSP 7

3. 3D Studio 2.0 Export-files

4. Perespective TEX-Mapping PROBLEM!

5. viewpoint problem when export 3D Studio Max to VRML

6. Seeking Xtra Developer

7. 3D Studio exports to H-ANIM

8. background

9. 3dsmax ( 3d Studio Max ) exports to VRML for Web Animation

10. Rhino3D Export to 3D Studio Max 3

11. Help for exporting animations from poser 4 to 3D studio Max 3.1.1

12. Export 3D Studio MAX Scenes into Lightwave

13. Exporting files from 3D Studio