problems of OpenGL for Windows NT ?

Post by ~{1LLl » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I have a OpenGL program running perfectly in Windows 95. But when I recompile
and run it in Windows NT, there is serious problem with the image quality.
For example , the anti-aliasing is lost , and even the color is wrong .

Can some expert suggest some reasons for the problem , and how can I
solve it ?

Thanks

Post by Reto Korad » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> I have a OpenGL program running perfectly in Windows 95. But when I recompile
> and run it in Windows NT, there is serious problem with the image quality.
> For example , the anti-aliasing is lost , and even the color is wrong .

This may be too obvious, but did you switch your display to 16 bit or
true color on the NT machine? That seems to be necessary when using
RGB mode, with 8 bit display you have to allocate a palette.
--

problems of OpenGL for Windows NT ?

Post by Softoholi » Sun, 16 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Do you have same color mode on both machines ? Did you test your app in 256
color mode on Win95 ? If NT machine has only 256 colors then check your
palette handling code.

regards Frank

Softoholic Computer Systems
http://www.Softoholic.bc.ca

Quote:

> I have a OpenGL program running perfectly in Windows 95. But when I
recompile
> and run it in Windows NT, there is serious problem with the image
quality.
> For example , the anti-aliasing is lost , and even the color is wrong .

> Can some expert suggest some reasons for the problem , and how can I
> solve it ?

> Thanks

1. Drawing problem with opengl on Windows NT

Dear All,

we had no problems drawing a scene with opengl under Windows NT
when we invoked our opengl drawing routines after receiving a
WM_PAINT event which looks like the following:

WM_PAINT: BeginPaint();
          drawscene(); //InitOpengl; DrawObjects;
          EndPaint();

Now, we want to invoke the opengl drawing routines by using a
timer outside the window procedure handling the WM_PAINT event.
But although we are invoke the same routines we only receive a
black window (our background colour should be cyan). After
checking the opengl routines we found out the opengl error
GL_INVALID_OPERATION occurred. GL_INVALID_OPERATION error is
specified as the following:
"The specified operation is not allowed in the current state.
The offending command is ignored, having no side effect other
than to set the error flag."

Does anybody know how to use opengl drawing routines outside
the window procedure?

Thanks in advance.
Yours,
Michael

2. Problems printing Layers in CD9

3. Picking problems with OpenGl on Windows NT

4. 3d studio max grass generator needed!!!

5. Problem with Virtual Memory in OpenGL for Windows NT/95

6. Fair Price for 5.0

7. OpenGL problems on Windows NT

8. Help with sky and water!

9. Porting-Problem WIN-NT-OpenGL to SGI-IRIX-OpenGL

10. OpenGL for Windows/NT

11. OpenGL Stereo on NVIDIA under Windows 2000/NT

12. OpenGl on Windows NT