GLXwinset() gl->OpenGL conversion question

GLXwinset() gl->OpenGL conversion question

Post by Cary Scofie » Sat, 06 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I am converting an application that was was written using the GL API to one
using the OpenGL API.  For the most part, this is fairly straightforward with
exception of: what do I do with GLXwinset()??  This is a Motif application with
about a dozen or so DrawingArea widgets.  When getting ready to render into a
drawing area, GLXwinset() is called with the display i.d. and the window i.d.
associated with the drawing area widget.  I am familiar with the toogl
translation tool but I saw nothing in its source for hints as to what to do
with GLXwinset().

Can anybody help me with this?

Thanks in advance,

-c.s.

--
#-----------------------------------------------------------------------#

#-----------------------------------------------------------------------#

Post by Michael Swe » Sun, 07 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: Hi,

: I am converting an application that was was written using the GL API to one
: using the OpenGL API.  For the most part, this is fairly straightforward with
: exception of: what do I do with GLXwinset()??  This is a Motif application with
: about a dozen or so DrawingArea widgets.  When getting ready to render into a
: drawing area, GLXwinset() is called with the display i.d. and the window i.d.
: associated with the drawing area widget.  I am familiar with the toogl
: translation tool but I saw nothing in its source for hints as to what to do
: with GLXwinset().

Use 'glXMakeCurrent()' instead.  Also, you'll need to call glXCreateContext()
for each drawing area you'll be drawing to...

 Mike Sweet                  2D & 3D Software for      Easy Software Products
 (301) 994-0377             Silicon Graphics, Inc.      20778 Wolftrap Street

                             http://www.easysw.com

Post by Michael I. Go » Sun, 07 Jan 1996 04:00:00

| Hi,
|
| I am converting an application that was was written using the GL API to one
| using the OpenGL API.  For the most part, this is fairly straightforward with
| exception of: what do I do with GLXwinset()??

The nearest equivalent is glXMakeCurrent.  See also glXCreateContext.

--
Michael I. Gold     http://www.veryComputer.com/;  415/933-1709

And my mama cried,  "Nanook a no no! Don't be a * eskimo! Save your
money, don't go to the show!"  Well I turned around and I said, "Ho! Ho!"

1. gl -> mpeg graphics conversion question

I am looking for a way to convert GL graphics to MPG movies.  If there
is some pre-existing software package that does it would be great, but
I'm not counting on it being that easy.

A round-about process I'm thinking of would involve saving each GL frame
as a data array, and converting these frame to the MPG movie.  I already
have software that converts a series of RGB or YUV data into MPG movie.
What I would need, then, is some way to save a GL frame as RGB data.
A friend had heard of some GL function that would save data, but he
didn't know what it was or how it worked, and I am unable to find
mention of it in the manuals.

I would appreciate any information you could give me on this subject.

Thanks.

2. Animating Material Illumination and Attributes

3. Simple question about porting GL -> OpenGL

4. Sentinel prob.

5. Hello -- question about tube conversion >>>

6. Resources sought....

7. GL to OpenGL conversion script?

8. GL to OpenGL conversion

9. GL/glut.h, GL/gl.h question...

10. HP-GL/2 and HP-GL conversion

11. Crash with polygon >4 vertices in GL prog on OpenGL SGI

12. Help for GL->openGL