stereo-support under Linux with current nvidia-hardware

stereo-support under Linux with current nvidia-hardware

Post by Mirco Mülle » Sun, 16 Jun 2002 18:08:54

Hello there!

        After an unsuccessful search with the help of groups.google.com I
 would like to ask, if somebody here (preferably from nvidia) can give an
y info about when the OpenGL-stereo capabilities of nvidia-cards (e.g. GF3
Ti200, GF4 Ti4200) will be accessable under Linux.

        At the moment I'm using the two above mentioned cards on Linux-system
s with the 1.0-2960 driver. glXChooseVisual() returns NULL as soon as I
 add a GLX_STEREO to the attrs integer-array. The call looks like this:

        vis_info = glXChooseVisual( dpy, DefaultScreen( dpy ), attrs )

Thanks in advance for your time and kind advice!

Best regards...

Mirco Mller

1. hardware stereo support for Motif?

Do SGI machines support hardware stereo modes of the GUI components?
That is, is there any automatic support to provide views of Motif
panels/components for BOTH eyes when the machine enters hardware
stereo mode?

Also, if the display resolution gets changed is there any way to
automatically update Motif components to 'adjust' to the new
resolution?  Would one have to keep a set of stereo and non-stereo
components around and swap between them?  Or are there some simple
calls on the SGI to update one instance of Motif components so that
they don't look so large and bulky in stereo mode?

Herc

2. Postscript import?

3. Asus GEFORCE 256 DDR + Linux + Stereo support

4. ATI card...making it work under Win98 version 2

5. OpenGL hardware support + Linux + Geforce 256 DDR

6. Help with pricing please!

7. new image

8. how to detect current stereo/monitor mode

9. OpenGL Stereo on NVIDIA under Windows 2000/NT

10. nVidia, OpenGL and STEREO

11. stereo with OpenGL and NVidia Cards