Cutting away parts of a scene

Post by Johan PIEDIGROSS » Wed, 20 Nov 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a scene composed of objects drawn with the primitive glVertex and
I've tried to cut away a part of this scene using the example explained
in the book "OpenGL SuperBible" at page 484. It uses
"glDrawBuffer(GL_NONE)" and "glDrawBuffer(GL_BACK)" and between it
defines a plane that will move along the Z axis.
When I try this on my scene, all the objects that conpose this scene are
prolonged along the Z axis and new planes are created.  And all the
transformations (scaling, rotation, translation) are no longer possible.
What's wrong with this way of cutting away parts of a scene ? Is there
another solution that will work ? Thanks for the persons who can help
me.

Post by Alas » Sat, 23 Nov 1996 04:00:00

> Hi,

> I have a scene composed of objects drawn with the primitive glVertex and
> I've tried to cut away a part of this scene using the example explained
> in the book "OpenGL SuperBible" at page 484. It uses
> "glDrawBuffer(GL_NONE)" and "glDrawBuffer(GL_BACK)" and between it
> defines a plane that will move along the Z axis.
> When I try this on my scene, all the objects that conpose this scene are
> prolonged along the Z axis and new planes are created.  And all the
> transformations (scaling, rotation, translation) are no longer possible.
> What's wrong with this way of cutting away parts of a scene ? Is there
> another solution that will work ? Thanks for the persons who can help
> me.

can you use a clipping plane?

1. Cutting away parts of a scene

Hi,

I have a scene composed of objects drawn with the primitive glVertex and
I've tried to cut away a part of this scene using the example explained
in the book "OpenGL SuperBible" at page 484. It uses
"glDrawBuffer(GL_NONE)" and "glDrawBuffer(GL_BACK)" and between it
defines a plane that will move along the Z axis.
When I try this on my scene, all the objects that conpose this scene are
prolonged along the Z axis and new planes are created.  And all the
transformations (scaling, rotation, translation) are no longer possible.
What's wrong with this way of cutting away parts of a scene ? Is there
another solution that will work ? Thanks for the persons who can help
me.

2. who will make a picture for me ?

3. Other Drawing Packages

4. Cut away blank area of picture

5. OCTANE question...

6. LW7b Crash with included scene EarthFlyby - right away :(

7. Help - Ugly banding on EPS files

8. cut-off of long parts

9. Newbie: cutting part of 3d-figure in Povray

10. Cutting out parts of an image

11. Cut image into separate parts

12. Help!Cutting Out Parts