Slow OpenGL, how to enable hardware accel?

Slow OpenGL, how to enable hardware accel?

Post by keets » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 06:07:57

Hi there,

Why while programming OpenGL (even with GL_POINTS Modelview) in a large
window the image is quite slow, even with a G400 Matrox?

I mean, if you reduce the window size, it becomes a lot faster but the
amount of points to calculate hasn't changed.

Can anybody explain to me how to enable hardware acceleration if this would
solve my problem?

Thanks

Slow OpenGL, how to enable hardware accel?

Post by keets » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 08:44:22

Drivers update problem, fixed.

Might be helpful to anyone who's switched to WinXP.

Quote:> Hi there,

> Why while programming OpenGL (even with GL_POINTS Modelview) in a large
> window the image is quite slow, even with a G400 Matrox?

> I mean, if you reduce the window size, it becomes a lot faster but the
> amount of points to calculate hasn't changed.

> Can anybody explain to me how to enable hardware acceleration if this
would
> solve my problem?

> Thanks

1. OpenGL hardware accel - how?

Hi,

I am starting to learn about OpenGL by studying HeNe's tutorials at
http://nehe.gamedev.net/opengl.asp
They compile and run fine under Windows(Visual C++) and Linux.
But while they run hardware-accelerated under Windows, they use
software only under Linux. I use XF86 4.0.1, and a TNT2 with NVdriver 0.95.
Games like Quake 2, Quake 3 and Descent 3 runs nicely hardware accelerated,
but how can I make the programs from the tutorial to do that?

Thanks,
Anton Sorensen

2. projecting an image to a cylinder surface

3. How to determine hardware accel in OpenGL

4. VB4 page switching

5. SGI release OpenGL window / GLX API as Open Source to bring hardware accel to Linux

6. IRIX font help

7. Howto disable hardware accel OpenGL

8. Animated GIF under Linux

9. Help with NT4 + OpenGL + 3D Hardware Accel

10. MGA Millenium hardware OpenGL accel

11. Fullscreen hardware accel in Delphi via OpenGL

12. Slow OpenGL on PowerBook G3 (Hardware?)

13. slow HW accel