Running Direct3D on an OpenGL card....(wrapper)

Running Direct3D on an OpenGL card....(wrapper)

Post by Ragnar Brynjulfsso » Sun, 20 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi,

   I'm trying to run Direct3D on an OpenGL card in WindowsNT.  Is there
any hack or wrapper that lets me utilize my OpenGL card in a software
(Animation Master) that only supports Direct3D?

  Thanx,

     Ragnar

p.s.  My setup is Intergraph TDZ 2000 GL2, with a RealiZmIIVX115 card,
running NT4.

Running Direct3D on an OpenGL card....(wrapper)

Post by Bart van Hes » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi,

>    I'm trying to run Direct3D on an OpenGL card in WindowsNT.  Is there
> any hack or wrapper that lets me utilize my OpenGL card in a software
> (Animation Master) that only supports Direct3D?

The best way to solve this is just install Win95/98 on your machine,
together with D3D drivers for your card. This would be a temporary solution
since Windows 2000 Professional includes D3D support. (and it runs actually
quite well)

As far as I know there are no D3D -> OpenGL wrappers.

Bart.

1. MiniGL - Using G200 with Direct3D Wrapper

I am looking for a little help here. I know that quake2 runs well with the
Direct3D Wrapper released by Matrox to give G200 users some opengl -
basically MiniGL. Could someone point me in the direction of information on
how to use this? I just want to write some simple visualization software
with accellerated openGL, but I can't get the wrapper to work... So
basically what subset of the opengl functions can i use with it.

Thanx much,

Andrew

2. File input format for DirectX(Direct3D)

3. OpenGL run on i740 card

4. HPGL commands

5. run seveveral PCI opengl video cards inthe same computer

6. No Full Screen with Videoout on an O2 ???

7. 3DSMax run OK in Direct3D mode?

8. Scanning Hardware/Software

9. OpenGL and Direct3D = OpenGL++ (well sort of)

10. AltaVista scores OpenGL v Direct3D, OpenGL wins

11. Suggestions needed for an OpenGL API / Wrapper.