WinXP - What's the deal?

Post by Gernot Frisc » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:16:03

Hi,

I've a OpenGL aplication that is slow on XP. The GFX-addapter is a 32MB ELSA
card. I checked for available PIXELFOMRATDESCs and there is none with
hardware supported OpenGL.

Is it a XP problem (Microsoft no longer supports GL???)
Is it a driver problem (XP too new for GL drivers)

What is it?

Thank you,
Gernot

--
_______________________________
DREAM DESIGN ENTERTAINMENT

WinXP - What's the deal?

Post by Timo K Suorant » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 20:46:02

> Is it a XP problem (Microsoft no longer supports GL???)
> Is it a driver problem (XP too new for GL drivers)
> What is it?

It is sort of both. Microsoft does not put the new drivers with
OpenGL support into XP itself. You must download the driver from
the manufacturer homepage. That way you should get it working..

1. Can't change PS file type icons in WinXP

Hi, All

Using Photoshop Elements on WinXP and I can't change my PS file type icons.
All supported file types appear as the "eye" icon with "photo" as the text.
But if I look in "Control Panel/Folder Options/File Types" the icons appear
as the "eye" icon with "gif", "jpeg", "targa", etc. as the text (which is
what I would prefer).

If I change the icons myself, XP stubbornly changes them back to "photo"
immediately. I have also tried changing to a really nice alpha-blended PS
icon (would look nice in XP) but again XP refuses to accept.

I'm thinking this may have something to do with XP's built-in
thumbnail/filmstrip previews, but not sure. BTW, Elements works fine and all
file types open no problem. Any ideas on how to change my icons?
--
Sgt.Torg

2. MAC or PC ?

3. can't install CDW10 on WinXP

4. Why no 32 bit QuickDraw on Mac Plus

5. BUG's?: DrawIndexedPrimitive blue-screens WinXP on invalid index

6. 603e OK for graphics?

7. Don't deal with MacTraders

8. help

9. What's the deal with Xaos?

10. What's the deal with JFIF thumbnails ?