BSP

Post by Kasra Robert Rasae » Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I was wondering.. is there any way I can use a OBJ file scene to make a
BSD tree... to make life simplier.... I don't want to write another
freakin engine... I have it so that right now it uses the Z-BUFFER.. but
it to damn slow for games. and other applications that I might write
later on... I want to figure out how to generate just the Visibility
list.... and later on.. when I get some more time on my hands the light
maps... unless someone has some really really really simple way to
calculate the stupid polygons... also is it possible since I am using
TRIANGLES for my faces... can I do BSP under that method .. or do I have
to use POLYGONS like 4,5,6 VECTORS.. or something.. if someone can help
me out here. I would appreciate it..

and if your a girl.. I'll kiss you. hehe. .joke.. take it easy for those
who may get offended..

BSP

Post by Nicolas Burtny » Sat, 25 Dec 1999 04:00:00

A triangle is a polygon.
I don't understand the rest of the question.. of course you can construct a
BSP tree from a scene stored as an .OBJ.
_Nic

Quote:> I was wondering.. is there any way I can use a OBJ file scene to make a
> BSD tree... to make life simplier.... I don't want to write another
> freakin engine... I have it so that right now it uses the Z-BUFFER.. but
> it to damn slow for games. and other applications that I might write
> later on... I want to figure out how to generate just the Visibility
> list.... and later on.. when I get some more time on my hands the light
> maps... unless someone has some really really really simple way to
> calculate the stupid polygons... also is it possible since I am using
> TRIANGLES for my faces... can I do BSP under that method .. or do I have
> to use POLYGONS like 4,5,6 VECTORS.. or something.. if someone can help
> me out here. I would appreciate it..

> and if your a girl.. I'll kiss you. hehe. .joke.. take it easy for those
> who may get offended..

1. Need information about BSP (and leafy BSP)

I have been trying to find more information about BSP trees.
I know the basics and I have the BSP FAQ. But I need more info.
Especially about special optimization techniques and leafy
BSP trees. Information about comparisons between tree optimization
techniques (i.e. minimize splits vs balancing) would also be
helpful.

Any idea?

Greetings and thanks,

Project Manager of Crystal Space, a free and portable 3D 6DOF portal engine.
More info at: http://crystal.linuxgames.com

2. QQ what happened to path deform space warp in max 2

3. ZBUFFER and BSP trees (was Re: question about BSP trees *please rea

4. Epson 600 question

5. Is there a better bsp faq than cornell's bsp faq?

6. PGPLOT for unix?

7. ANN: BSP Solid Modeling

8. Need help with BSP tree engine

9. 3D BSP Trees