GLUT installation with VisualC++6.0 and Windows98

GLUT installation with VisualC++6.0 and Windows98

Post by Tamil9 » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

My program builds with no errors, but when I try to execute it, I get a message
that glut32.dll is missing.  According to Find, I have this file in my
Windows\System directory.  I have downloaded the .dll files again, and tried to
put copies in various directories.  It seems to be a hidden file.  I can only
get my programs to execute if I have the hidden file present in the same file
with the program.  I am a student, and I would appreciate any help I can get.

Terry

GLUT installation with VisualC++6.0 and Windows98

Post by Oliver Kurowsk » Mon, 31 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Hello everybody!

Quote:> My program builds with no errors, but when I try to execute it, I get
a message
> that glut32.dll is missing.  According to Find, I have this file in my
> Windows\System directory.  I have downloaded the .dll files again, and
tried to
> put copies in various directories.  It seems to be a hidden file.  I
can only
> get my programs to execute if I have the hidden file present in the
same file
> with the program.  I am a student, and I would appreciate any help I
can get.

Did you build the glut source yourself? If not you can try to do it and
use the lib file created. Perhaps the lib doesn't fit the dll.

Of course just guessing.

Tschuess
          Oli

---
17% der Verkehrsunf?lle werden von Betrunkenen verursacht. Das heisst,
dass 83% von Idioten verursacht werden, die besser nicht auf die Strasse
gehoeren.

1. openGL, VisualC++6, glut Problems- HELP!

I am a rookie to openGL and VC++6

I am using VC++6 on Win 98.  I can't seem to get programs using the GLUT
to work.

Here is what I have done:
I downloaded the openGL95.exe and placed the files in the appropriate
directories (INCLUDE, LIB, AND WINDOWS\SYSTEM).
I downloaded the glutdlls.zip and placed the files in the appropriate
directories.
I created a new project of type Win32 Application.
I went into MSVC++6 and added opengl32.lib glu32.lib glaux.lib
glut.lib to the PROJECT | Settings | Link | Object Library Modules.
I try to run a simple C file that uses
#include <glut.h>
#include <GL/gl.h>
#include <GL/glu.h> (this file runs on a SPARC no problem)

and get errors on compile  The error I get is:

--------------------Configuration: Tester - Win32 Debug----
Linking...
LIBCD.lib(wincrt0.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

Debug/Tester.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals
Error executing link.exe.

Tester.exe - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Any ideas?  I thought that this should be relatively straight forward

Do I need to get specific additional drivers (to support OpenGL) for my
video card or something?  I have the ATI XPERT 98 video card.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. skin texture shader

3. rookie question re: installation of GLUT

4. how to obtain the picture.bitmap of a jpeg image

5. GLUT 3.7 installation procedure for Unix/SGI

6. Info

7. Glut installation

8. Want to write a book?

9. glut 3.5 NT installation troubles

10. updateGL in QT+VisualC++

11. openGL and VisualC++

12. Fullscreen using VisualC++ and CView

13. Problems with VisualC++ 5.0. and OpenGL