font-texture generation

Post by Steven Hug » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a utility to generate textures for use in a
texture-mapping font routine for OpenGL?  What I looking to make are
those 256x256 pixel textures with 16 characters per row used for
Quake and other games.

I guess I could hack one out in MSVC++, but I was wondering if there
was already a "feature rich" utility out there that does what I need.

Thanks!

font-texture generation

Post by Ofer Huberma » Fri, 04 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Just start-up your favourite image processing utility/application and create
one. It shouldn't take more than a minute. :)

    Ofer.

Quote:

> Does anyone know of a utility to generate textures for use in a
> texture-mapping font routine for OpenGL?  What I looking to make are
> those 256x256 pixel textures with 16 characters per row used for
> Quake and other games.

> I guess I could hack one out in MSVC++, but I was wondering if there
> was already a "feature rich" utility out there that does what I need.

> Thanks!

font-texture generation

Post by Marc André Ueberal » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

You can find a great tool at TipTup! Hmm ... I've lost the link?!
I don't know if this is working www.LMNOp.com. The tools is
called 'Bitmap Font Builder'.

Best regards,

Marc Andr Ueberall
www.duskengine.de

Quote:

> Does anyone know of a utility to generate textures for use in a
> texture-mapping font routine for OpenGL?  What I looking to make are
> those 256x256 pixel textures with 16 characters per row used for
> Quake and other games.

> I guess I could hack one out in MSVC++, but I was wondering if there
> was already a "feature rich" utility out there that does what I need.

> Thanks!

font-texture generation

Post by Charles E Hardwidg » Sat, 05 Aug 2000 04:00:00

It's easy to write your own. Here's one anyway,...

http://www.webcatering.com/font2bmp/

--
Anti-spam: Replace nospam with blueyonder to reply

font-texture generation

Post by Marc André Ueberal » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

It seems to me that this program generates ONE bitmap for EACH character!
You will still have to
plug this pieces together! Happy puzzling! ;) The tool I've listed (sorry -
it's not hosted by TipTup)
generates ONE bitmap for ALL characters in two selected fonts.

Quote:> It's easy to write your own. Here's one anyway,...

> http://www.webcatering.com/font2bmp/

> --
> Anti-spam: Replace nospam with blueyonder to reply

font-texture generation

Post by Charles E Hardwidg » Sun, 06 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Groan. I'll have to install it again before I can check this. Unreal
Tournament 224+ comes with TrueType import and bitmap creation. Make sure
the editor is installed and away you go. Be careful to import the font into
a .UTX file.

Further details; http://unreal.epicgames.com/ looking under the Programming

Quote:>> Fonts section.

--
Anti-spam: Replace nospam with blueyonder to reply

1. Texture Generation Algorithms a la KPT-Texture Explorer

"Procedural texturing and modelling" is a book full of procedural
textures, ranging from 7 noise implementations to fBm

 Hope that's more or less what you're looking for ?

Cya, Bert
                                        -=< Nyquist was a lamer >=-

2. Inventor: Problem using "Blinker" in *.iv files.

3. Font-Bitmap Generation-Windows

4. seeking history of undo, history palette, etc.

5. Texture Generation

6. Questions on GNUPLOT 3.5

7. texture generation scheme

8. True complementary italics