Compiling OpenGL-samples on OS/2 with GCC

Compiling OpenGL-samples on OS/2 with GCC

Post by kevin_laughb.. » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello,

>I just got a copy of OpenGL on OS/2 and wanted to compile some samples with GCC but I get some errors.
>I tried it this way:

>gcc -o simple.exe simple.c simple.def -Zomf -lopengl,auxlib -L\opengl\lib

>I hope anyone knows how I can compile my samples with GCC.

Go to the OS/2 OpenGL FAQ <http://www.utsi.com/~kgl/os2-opengl/faq.html>.  There
is a good description on compiling with GCC.

Regards
Kevin

Post by J Re » Thu, 25 Apr 1996 04:00:00

: Hello,

: I just got a copy of OpenGL on OS/2 and wanted to compile some samples with GCC but I get some errors.
: I tried it this way:

: gcc -o simple.exe simple.c simple.def -Zomf -lopengl,auxlib -L\opengl\lib

: I hope anyone knows how I can compile my samples with GCC.

what were the errors you got?  they're compiler error right? (as opposed
to linking, or runtime errors.)

jason

1. OpenGL with emx/gcc under OS/2?

I am currently trying to use OpenGL with emx/gcc.  Right now I can get
the auxdemos to compile, link an run (sort of).  When I do my nmake, I
don't get any errors and everything seems to work ok.  When I try to
run  the program (accnot.c for example) I get a window on the screen
that clears to black and that is all that happens.  I had some one
send me a pre-compiled version and that worked, so I think the problem
is with emx/gcc.  I using emx 0.9.  The version that the comiler shows
is 2.6.3.  If any one has gotten emx/gcc to work with OpenGL please
post or e-mail me the information.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Michael O. Schoneman

2. Simulating via a real physical model

3. Problems loading gcc-compiled Qt/OpenGL program under IRIX

4. rotated fonts using charstr() possible?

5. Graphics of ocean need!

6. Compiling with OpenGL using gcc/egcs under Windows?

7. HIGH QUALITY DESIGN

8. Compiling OpenGL Superbible samples using BC4.0

9. Info: Compiling PoV-Ray v3.00.msdos.gcc

10. Compiling and linking using gcc

11. compile cdf library with gnu gcc on a dec ultrix machine

12. Compiling GLUT 3.7 for IRIX 6.5 with GCC?