nVidia extensions

Post by <- Chameleon -> » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:38:09

Hey! Many extensions from nVidia are not supported by GeForce 2 Ti!

I have the latest drivers but I cannot run many samples from www.nvidia.com

nVidia cannot support these extensions with (at least) software rendering in
its gfx cards drivers????
--------GL_GameOfLife Log-------------------------------
Demo requires the following extension(s): GL_NV_texture_shader

nVidia extensions

Post by » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 01:40:50

That's a GeForce3 extension only.

Quote:> Hey! Many extensions from nVidia are not supported by GeForce 2 Ti!

> I have the latest drivers but I cannot run many samples from www.nvidia.com

> nVidia cannot support these extensions with (at least) software rendering in
> its gfx cards drivers????
> --------GL_GameOfLife Log-------------------------------
> Demo requires the following extension(s): GL_NV_texture_shader

nVidia extensions

Post by Alex Mizrah » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 03:49:18

Hello, <-!
You wrote  on Fri, 27 Jun 2003 19:38:09 +0300:

 C> Hey! Many extensions from nVidia are not supported by GeForce 2 Ti!

 C> I have the latest drivers but I cannot run many samples from
 C> www.nvidia.com

you know, newer cards cost more not only because of speed..

 C> nVidia cannot support these extensions with (at least) software
 C> rendering in its gfx cards drivers????

it is not their task. if you want kewl features in software - get some
software rendering library, better raytracer. anyway it will be _slow_.

With best regards, Alex Mizrahi aka killer_storm.

nVidia extensions

Post by Espen Ruud Schult » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 08:21:41

Quote:> Hey! Many extensions from nVidia are not supported by GeForce 2 Ti!

> I have the latest drivers but I cannot run many samples from
> www.nvidia.com

Those samples are for showing what their newest hardware can do, and
therefore don't run on older hardware...

, Espen

nVidia extensions

Post by Ben Evolen » Tue, 01 Jul 2003 05:09:05

Quote:> nVidia cannot support these extensions with (at least) software rendering
in
> its gfx cards drivers????
> --------GL_GameOfLife Log-------------------------------
> Demo requires the following extension(s): GL_NV_texture_shader

The Nvidia drivers do provide a software path for those who wish to use
extensions which are not supported in their hardware.  However, you have to
enable the emulation manually.

I'm afraid I can't recall which registry keys have to be created/changed to
do this, but a 'tweaker' such as RivaTuner will allow you to select which
level of emulation you require.  NV_texture_shader requires >= NV20
emulation.

1. nVidia Extensions

Perhaps a stupid question, but I never used any OpenGL extensions before and
I was wondering how I use them. I was reading the descriptions on the nVidia
website but where can I download extensions, or do they come only with
nVidia video card drivers?

Some OpenGL applications do not work on my computer because an
ARB_Multitexture extension is needed. Where can I get that?

Peter

2. Animated GIFs in a ListBox ?

3. Opengl 1.3 and Nvidia extensions?

4. How do you bevel text?

5. nVidia Extension Include File anyone..?

6. Quicktime at next Toronto Local SIGGRAPH meeting

7. Documentation for NVidia extensions

8. Properly getting extensions when using an nVidia card

9. installing nVidia's OpenGL extensions

10. NVidia programmable pixel/vertex shader extension

11. 3d texture OpenGL extensions on nVIDIA

12. NVidia GL_NV_fence Extension