slow Mesa on Sun

Post by John D. Tra » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:27:21

So is MesaGL just slow on Sun machines (running Solaris)?  Is there
anything I can do about it?

I've gotten much faster performance writing my programs in QT, but would
like to use openGL.

-John

slow Mesa on Sun

Post by J B Wes » Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:13:11

Use Sun OpenGL instead. Free download.

--

> So is MesaGL just slow on Sun machines (running Solaris)?  Is there
> anything I can do about it?

> I've gotten much faster performance writing my programs in QT, but would
> like to use openGL.

> -John

1. nvidia_glx hardware acceleration slower than Mesa !?!

I have a strange problem.  Most software I have runs much faster on my
GeForce2 card with the nvidia_glx hardware accelerated OpenGL driver
than it does with Mesa.  (Obvious, right, but read on...)
However, I have one particular program which I have compiled myself, in
which smooth polygon shading is considerably slower with the nvidia_glx
drivers than with mesasoft (software rendering).  The Nvidia drivers
also do not seem to properly recognize window-resize events (the screen
does not redraw).

Is Nvidia really that bad, or could I have overlooked something at
compilation stage ?

J.

2. New graphics and game design page.

3. Nvidia hardware acceleration slower than Mesa !?!

4. OpenGL NT 3.51 app won't work under NT 4.0

5. Sun/Solaris7,OpenGL to Intelx86/Solaris7,Mesa porting problem

6. stupid question ???

7. Mesa rendering is slow...

8. Bitmap scaling routines needed

9. Is Linux Mesa really that slow...