Scitech GM OpenGL fullscreen switching.

Post by Jeff Presto » Fri, 06 Nov 1998 04:00:00

I am having a devil of a time trying to get the
following functionality to work:

- using Scitech's MGL/GM 4.05 package to write
a full-screen only OpenGL app.

- I want to be able to switch between different
resolutions on the fly.

According to the source, I can select a new
graphics mode with GM_findMode, and then call
GM_setMode. The GM framework should handle
the resolution change. GM_switchModeSwitchFunc
is not called either.

The graphics resolution does change, but I lose
my OpenGL raster [big black screen]. I have no
idea where I'm going wrong --- do I have to
manage the entire process with MGL --- or am
I just missing a step?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Email
preferred.

Jeff Preston

Scitech GM OpenGL fullscreen switching.

Post by Joat Mo » Sat, 14 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:>I am having a devil of a time trying to get the
>following functionality to work:

>- using Scitech's MGL/GM 4.05 package to write
>a full-screen only OpenGL app.

>- I want to be able to switch between different
>resolutions on the fly.

You need to recreate your opengl rendering context, as it is
resolution dependant and won't notice your switch.

I'm not certain if this is exactly the same as with the Game
framework, as I use it's driver hunting for my opengl programs,
but give it a go.

-If anything can go wrong, then it will, at the worst possible moment-
-Murphy's Law-

1. Switching to fullscreen at runtime

I have an app that has to switch between normal "desktop" behaviour and a
fullscreen mode.
When i try it (in VB, using the API) in a normal, non Opengl app, there is
no problem.
Alas, when doing exactly the same API stuff in my Opengl app, the computer
crashes badly.
And when i say badly, i mean it: my WinNT box is instantly rebooted when i
try to switch to fullscreen.

Is there something special i have to do with Opengl ? delete the RC before
switching mode ?
re-request a pixel-format ?

Cyril

2. tiff/pcx image

3. switching between fullscreen and windowed mode

4. mesh from scan

5. How to switch to fullscreen mode?

6. Don't read this....!

7. Reset / Switch fullscreen/windowed

8. algorithm rappresentation of quaternions for music?

9. two question about Directx 3D version 8.x (Reset and switching between fullscreen and windowed mode)

10. Switching from Fullscreen to Windowed and vice versa with DirectX

11. Is there a D3D wrapper that enables OpenGL (not SciTech's)

12. OpenGL Fullscreen