How buggy is NT's OpenGL?

Post by Johny L » Fri, 06 Oct 1995 04:00:00

Hello, everybody.

I've been testing and coding with NT 3.5's OpenGL implementation.

However, I found that it seems buggy (to my knowledge).

Flat shading of polygon may lead to unexpected exception.
glLogicOp(GL_XOR) for indexed color mode does not work at all.
It gives broken line but the same program looks fine under Windows 95's
beta OpenGL.

Will upgrade to NT 3.51 solve some problems?

Regards,
Johny

1. OpenGL NT 3.51 app won't work under NT 4.0

I have an OpenGL application which worked under NT 3.51, but won't under
NT 4.0.  One problem is that if I suspend the context using
wglMakeCurrent (NULL, NULL), and then assign it again using
wglMakeCurrent, I get an illegal memory access in __glInitDepth16 for
using a 0 pointer, with the following stack.

CRotateXlate::do_xforms() line 1614

Another problem is that after drawing an object around 100 times, it
draws very slowly.  I haven't had time to look into this one.  I assume
that these problems are some quirk with NT 4.0, or with OpenGL for NT
4.0.  Has anyone had similar problems and knows the solution?

Thanks.

--

Software Consultant     www.vianova.com/~vianova
Via Nova                OpenGL, Open Inventor products for Windows 95/NT

2. Thread stall during Serial Port IO

3. Hash's AM and OpenGL

4. Use of TexEnvF and facing

5. buggy studio 8.5 NT and damned riva tnt

6. IRTC mirrors?

7. Latest OpenGL .dll's for NT/2000

8. 2D contour plot

9. I've to start with OpenGL and W NT 4.0

10. My OpenGL window is'nt always drawn at the right place

11. Just the faq's ma'am

12. PS does'nt run under NT 4.0

13. Porting-Problem WIN-NT-OpenGL to SGI-IRIX-OpenGL