open inventor & Qt

Post by Till Kran » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:28:21

hi folks,

I'm sorry if this is off-topic but I'm certain you guys know something
about this :)
I'm just new to all the OpenGL stuff, but I consider both Open Inventor
and Qt to be quite nice. So my question is: Is it possible to display
open inventor scenes in a Qt widget (such that it looks 'cute', you know
:))? If so, would someone please be so kind as to give a short example
how to do it?

Thx in advance

        Till

open inventor & Qt

Post by J?rg Bauman » Tue, 18 Dec 2001 06:54:01

> I'm just new to all the OpenGL stuff, but I consider both Open Inventor
> and Qt to be quite nice. So my question is: Is it possible to display
> open inventor scenes in a Qt widget (such that it looks 'cute', you know
> :))? If so, would someone please be so kind as to give a short example
> how to do it?

Look at http://www.coin3d.org.
They have a inventor compatible library "coin", Qt-bindings for inventor
"SoQt" and some examples "SoGuiExamples" all under GPL.

An try comp.graphics.api.inventor for inventor specific questions.

1. Open Inventor 4.0 Plugin for Qt Designer

Hi!

I'd like to use Open Inventor 4.0 with Qt Designer. For Open Inventor
3.1 TGS provided a plugin for the Designer. But there is no plugin for
the new SoQt classes in Open Inventor 4.0.
So if anybody has written a plugin for the new classes or knows where
I can get it, please let me know.

Thanks.

Bye Marcus

2. Antialiased Fill

3. Open Inventor State&Elements

4. Problems with GraphicEx again

5. Streams & Open Inventor 2.0

6. HELP!! PS5 doesn′t run

7. Open-Inventor & PS-Output

8. Shadow Masks in Maya?

9. SWIFT++ & Open Inventor (TGS)

10. Open Inventor On Windows 2000 & MKS

11. VC & open inventor

12. Open Inventor for E&P Data Types

13. Conversion from Inventor to Open Inventor: Node Kits