GLUT and Window decorations

Post by Mark Collin » Sat, 27 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>I was wondering if there is any method os removing the window manager
>decorations from around the window, ie menus, resize icon etc.
>I know what to do if programming directly in X-motif, but what I want to do
is
>use the platform independance of GLUT to generate graphics.

>Has anyone any ideas ?
>Is there a possibility of hooks for this being added to the GLUT libraries
?

Well, you *could* have blocks as following....

#ifdef WIN32
    <do some win32 stuff to kill widgets>
#else
    <do some X Windows stuff to kill widgets>
#endif

and have something like -DWIN32 (for Windows platforms) on the compiler
command line...

1. how to XCreateWindow() with no window manager decorations?

Is it possible, from an XLib program, to tell the window manager not to
put any decorations around your top level window?

The Xt manual talks about a _MOTIF_WM_HINTS property, but I cant find any
information on using it in an XLib program.

I know how to do it from my .Xdefaults:  4Dwm*myprog.clientDecoration: none.

What I want to know is how to hardcode it, for a program whose whole purpose in
life is to play fullscreen videos.  The old version of this program used IrisGL's
noborders() function, but this is no longer an option.

Numerical Aerodynamic Simulation
NASA Ames Research Center

2. Graphic Designers wanted

3. Suppressing window decoration with 4DWm

4. Crossplatform 2D library

5. Q: X Window Decorations

6. into animation?

7. fps throttle / window decoration

8. How do I create an OpenGL (GLUT) window with no border (on Windows)

9. HELP: GLUT on X Window running on Windows 95

10. closing a GLUI window without closing a GLUT window

11. GLUT for Windows NT and Windows 95

12. Hallowen Web & COmputer Decorations