Teapots ... Always teapots ...

Post by MrHank » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 07:46:19

    Do someone know where i can find a 'teapot source code' in C/C++ ? A
function with several parameters but not an array with only vertex position,
face index ...

    Thanx

Teapots ... Always teapots ...

Post by fungu » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 08:20:26

>     Do someone know where i can find a 'teapot source code' in C/C++ ? A
> function with several parameters but not an array with only vertex position,
> face index ...

It's mad eof 32 bezier patches and you can easily
find it if you google for "utah teapot"

--
<\___/>          For email, remove my socks.
/ O O \

Teapots ... Always teapots ...

Post by Suzanne Voge » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 11:56:23

I have some old class code from fall 2001 that does teapots via Bezier
patches:
http://www.cs.unc.edu/~vogel/COMP236/program3/index.html

Please pardon the seam on the front: It's because I used a discrete
approximation to the normal (i.e., derivative). :P

I'm sure there's code floating around somewhere else... Try a university
site, where students may have posted code.

Suzanne

>     Do someone know where i can find a 'teapot source code' in C/C++ ? A
> function with several parameters but not an array with only vertex position,
> face index ...

>     Thanx

Teapots ... Always teapots ...

Post by Greg Chie » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:50:31

"MrHanky" wrote

Quote:> Do someone know where i can find a 'teapot source code' in C/C++ ?
> A function with several parameters but not an array with only
> vertex position, face index ...

It's included in GLAUX.  You can find a zip file at:
http://protodesign-inc.com/source/Index.htm

If you run out of things to do and would like to have some fun, check this
teapot out:
http://www.siggraph.org/s98/conference/teapot/index.html

--
Best Regards,
Greg Chien

Teapots ... Always teapots ...

Post by MrHank » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:05:22

exactly what i needed ! thanks a lot !

Quote:> "MrHanky" wrote
> > Do someone know where i can find a 'teapot source code' in C/C++ ?
> > A function with several parameters but not an array with only
> > vertex position, face index ...

> It's included in GLAUX.  You can find a zip file at:
> http://protodesign-inc.com/source/Index.htm

> If you run out of things to do and would like to have some fun, check this
> teapot out:
> http://www.siggraph.org/s98/conference/teapot/index.html

> --
> Best Regards,
> Greg Chien
> e-mail: remove n.o.S.p.a.m.
> http://protodesign-inc.com

Teapots ... Always teapots ...

Post by MrHank » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 16:11:32

I spoke too quickly sorry, but i need the utah teapot without patch, only
vertex and faces nothing else, any idea ?

Quote:> "MrHanky" wrote