Measuring OpenGL performance on Win95

Post by Aaron Tov » Sat, 05 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I would like to know what it would take to measure the (real) time, in
milliseconds, that it takes to render a given OpenGL image.  I'm running
Win95 on a Pentium 166 with a Diamond Stealth GT driver and 2 MB of
display memory.  I also have an HSDAS-16 ADC card with a timer and a
DriverLINX ADC driver that can send a message every ms.

This is my first experience with Win95/VC++ programming and I'm not even
sure if my goals (to be able to process an ADC signal every ms) are
realistic on this platform.  Any advice or references would be
appreciated.

--
Aaron Tovo

Center for Magnetic Resonance Research         Phone: (612) 626-7007
http://www.cmrr.drad.umn.edu                   Fax:   (612) 626-7005

Measuring OpenGL performance on Win95

Post by Ron Fosne » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

You can simply call timeGetTime() before you clear the screen and once again
after the wglSwapBuffers() and subtract the second from the first....

Post by Cass Everit » Tue, 08 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> You can simply call timeGetTime() before you clear the screen and once again
> after the wglSwapBuffers() and subtract the second from the first....

  Or the first from the second. :)

Cass W. Everitt         Mississippi State University

Phone: 601/325-1451     P.O. Box 9627
Fax:   601/325-7692     Mississippi State, MS 39762
WWW:   http://www.erc.msstate.edu/~cass

1. Performance of Opengl between winNT and win95

Hello,

Is someone could explain to me why I obtain a significative difference of
graphical performance between NT and 95.
I explain the problem : I have written a program under NT which uses
OpenGl. When it is running under NT, there's no problem : the performances
are about 10 to 15 frames per seconds. Under 95 (or 98, I had try too), I
only  obtain a frame   every 2 ou 3 seconds.
What's the matter?

By advance

Eric Colson

2. Duplicate Vertices in a Vertex Table

3. Win95 and OpenGL: Performance and other issues

4. Anyway to automatically create a surface mesh from a complex model.

5. How to measure graphics performance?

6. Contest

7. Newbie Question : How to measure performance

8. Toy Story: Raytracing Renderman

9. Performance measuring and Present

10. High performance OpenGL using the Micrsoft OpenGL binaries

11. System Performance tips for Win95/NT Re. Cleansweep

12. Win95 Performance?

13. 3dStudio performance from Win95