Transparentcy??

Post by Graham Green » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

I'm rendering a scene and I'm drawing the X,Y,and Z axis. The problem is
that the some parts of the axis's can be seen through objects that I'm
rendering. These objects are polygon meshes drawn using alot of GL_QAUDS.
DEPTH_TEST is enabled so I don't know what the problem. Plus, I'm using all
gl*3fv function forms so all alpha's should be 1.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Graham

Transparentcy??

Post by Paul Mart » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Is GL_DEPTH_TEST enabled when you draw the axes? Are the axes drawn with the
same projection matrix as the rest of your scene? If you are using
gluPerspective, do you have a positive (non-zero) near plane value? There
are also about a million other things in OpenGL that could be causing this.
Those are my best three guesses.
--
   -Paul Martz
    Hewlett Packard Workstation Systems Lab

Quote:> I'm rendering a scene and I'm drawing the X,Y,and Z axis. The problem is
> that the some parts of the axis's can be seen through objects that I'm
> rendering. These objects are polygon meshes drawn using alot of GL_QAUDS.
> DEPTH_TEST is enabled so I don't know what the problem. Plus, I'm using
all
> gl*3fv function forms so all alpha's should be 1.

> Any suggestions?
> Thanks
> Graham

Transparentcy??

Post by Graham Green » Mon, 15 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Thats It!! I had a near plane value of 0.000001f and I changed it to 0.1f
which fixed all my problems
Thanks again
Graham

> Is GL_DEPTH_TEST enabled when you draw the axes? Are the axes drawn with
the
> same projection matrix as the rest of your scene? If you are using
> gluPerspective, do you have a positive (non-zero) near plane value? There
> are also about a million other things in OpenGL that could be causing
this.
> Those are my best three guesses.
> --
>    -Paul Martz
>     Hewlett Packard Workstation Systems Lab
>     Remove DONTSPAM to reply

> > I'm rendering a scene and I'm drawing the X,Y,and Z axis. The problem is
> > that the some parts of the axis's can be seen through objects that I'm
> > rendering. These objects are polygon meshes drawn using alot of
GL_QAUDS.
> > DEPTH_TEST is enabled so I don't know what the problem. Plus, I'm using
> all
> > gl*3fv function forms so all alpha's should be 1.

> > Any suggestions?
> > Thanks
> > Graham

1. How to make a picture like a transparentcy...

H!
        I want to make an existed picture like a transparentcy, I already try
to do this by using Paint Shop Pro & PhotoWork but fail.  Can someone
tell me how to do that ?

Thanks a lot.

Tohru Kao

2. How can i implement the function as PlgBlt in Win98/95?

3. Maintain transparentcy to dreamweaver

4. raytracing refractions

5. Easier Transparentcy?

6. Q: about pens, brushes