multiple master fonts in openGL

Post by Wallace Chigon » Mon, 13 Aug 2001 04:33:57

Hi,
I need help on how I could use multiple master fonts in openGL.

regards,

--

Institut fuer Simulation und Graphic, Uni. Magdeburg
Telephone: (M)++49 160 1236184 (W)++49 391 6718065

multiple master fonts in openGL

Post by ' » Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:08:10

Quote:> Hi,
> I need help on how I could use multiple master fonts in openGL.

Just like you would use any other postscript type 1 font. Generate the
instances that you want to use from ATM, then use away in your app. You may
end up having some conflicts with the naming. I don't know if OpenGL
actually cares about how the fonts are named.

'
--
www.apostrophiclab.com

Post by Wallace Chigon » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 02:34:34

> > Hi,
> > I need help on how I could use multiple master fonts in openGL.

> Just like you would use any other postscript type 1 font. Generate the
> instances that you want to use from ATM, then use away in your app. You may
> end up having some conflicts with the naming. I don't know if OpenGL
> actually cares about how the fonts are named.

> '
> --

Thanks. What I actually want to do is to be able to manipulate the
various axis during the runtime.  For example, I may want to draw
characters with different weights etc.

Regards,

multiple master fonts in openGL

Post by RSD9 » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 13:33:07

Re: "...
be able to manipulate the
various axis during the runtime.
..."

AFAIK: Multiple Master fonts don't work that way. You have to generate the
"instances" that you want prior to the actual usage of the font(s).

Post by Wallace Chigon » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 16:41:07

> Re: "...
> be able to manipulate the
> various axis during the runtime.
> ..."

> AFAIK: Multiple Master fonts don't work that way. You have to generate the
> "instances" that you want prior to the actual usage of the font(s).

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

I guess I would have to  go round it another way.  Any utilities for
getting the font matrices for the created matrices or for the masters?

btw what does AFAIK stand for?

Have a nice day,

--

Institut fuer Simulation und Graphic, Uni. Magdeburg
Telephone: (M)++49 160 1236184 (W)++49 391 6718065
------{ http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~chigona }------

multiple master fonts in openGL

Post by RSD9 » Fri, 17 Aug 2001 22:28:29

Re: "...
btw what does AFAIK stand for?
..."

As Far As I Know

Re: "...
Any utilities for
getting the font matrices for the created matrices or for the masters?
..."

I don't know. Anybody ? ? ?

> > Re: "...
> > be able to manipulate the
> > various axis during the runtime.
> > ..."

> > AFAIK: Multiple Master fonts don't work that way. You have to generate
the
> > "instances" that you want prior to the actual usage of the font(s).

> Thanks a lot for the clarification.

> I guess I would have to  go round it another way.  Any utilities for
> getting the font matrices for the created matrices or for the masters?

> btw what does AFAIK stand for?

> Have a nice day,

> --

> Institut fuer Simulation und Graphic, Uni. Magdeburg
> Telephone: (M)++49 160 1236184 (W)++49 391 6718065
> ------{ http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/~chigona }------

1. Illustrator 7.0 Bug: Multiple Master Fonts

Bug Report for Illustrator 7.0 for Macintosh.

  I have a document that uses two fonts: MyriadMM Regular and
  MyriadMM-It Regular.  When I print it, the italic text prints
  as Courier.  If I save to a PostScript file, telling the printer
  driver to include all fonts, only MyriadMM is included in the
  resulting PostScript file.  A similar test using Minion instead
  of Myriad produces exactly the same results.  If I use a custom
  instance of MyriadMM, MyriadMM-It is included correctly and the
  problem goes away.

  I have a test file at

    http://pertsserver.cs.uiuc.edu/~hull/download/MyriadBug.art.cpt.bin

  that demonstrates the bug on my system.

System Configuration:

  Illustrator 7.0 for Macintosh
  PowerMac running MacOS 7.6.1
  PSPrinter 8.3.1
  MyriadMM and MyriadMM-It version 001.001

-David Hull

2. Where Did My Color Wheel Go?

3. Multiple Master Font on Mac

4. Load mpeg vio driver error in DVD Picture Show

5. GLC and Multiple Master fonts

6. rez settings for epson printer

7. Using fonts in windows - accross multiple opengl rendering contexts