Howto disable hardware accel OpenGL

Post by Leigh Stiver » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

The OpenGL driver for my NVidia RIVA TNT card has extremly poor performance
with the glCopyPixels() operation (copying from the back buffer to the front
buffer)- It takes over a second to copy an entire 800x600 window!  On
non-accelerated cards this take less than 30 msecs.

Anyways, until I get some updated drivers or a work-around, I want to know
what it takes to uninstall the ICD/MCD drivers so it will run without any
hardware acceleration.

Thanks,

Leigh Stivers

Post by Jansi » Thu, 04 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>The OpenGL driver for my NVidia RIVA TNT card has extremly poor performance
>with the glCopyPixels() operation (copying from the back buffer to the
front
>buffer)- It takes over a second to copy an entire 800x600 window!  On
>non-accelerated cards this take less than 30 msecs.

>Anyways, until I get some updated drivers or a work-around, I want to know
>what it takes to uninstall the ICD/MCD drivers so it will run without any
>hardware acceleration.

>Thanks,

>Leigh Stivers

Use 'LoadLibrary' and 'GetProcAddress' to load the driver you want manually,
this is the preferred method, but not easy to implement... Either that or
delete the 'nv4ogl.dll' in the system directory (If you're using the
reference drivers) or 'v128gl.dll' if you've got an STB v4400.

Also read the replies to your original post... cos we don't see why you want
to use glCopyPixels.

Jansic.

1. Slow OpenGL, how to enable hardware accel?

Hi there,

Why while programming OpenGL (even with GL_POINTS Modelview) in a large
window the image is quite slow, even with a G400 Matrox?

I mean, if you reduce the window size, it becomes a lot faster but the
amount of points to calculate hasn't changed.

Can anybody explain to me how to enable hardware acceleration if this would
solve my problem?

Thanks

2. Lighwave Hub problem

3. OpenGL hardware accel - how?

4. Bones

5. How to determine hardware accel in OpenGL

6. Registration problem

7. SGI release OpenGL window / GLX API as Open Source to bring hardware accel to Linux

8. Help with NT4 + OpenGL + 3D Hardware Accel

9. MGA Millenium hardware OpenGL accel

10. Fullscreen hardware accel in Delphi via OpenGL

11. disabling nvidia hardware openGL

12. How to disable hardware OpenGL acceleration?