Drawing parametric surfaces

Post by Brian Riglin » Tue, 25 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I have the equation of a parametric surface, specifically a bi-cubic of the
form:

x = [u^3 u^2 u 1]*A*[v^3 v^2 v 1]

where A is a 4x4 matrix of coefficients and [v^3 v^2 v 1] should actually
be written vertically.  Likewise I have equations for y and z where the
only difference is that they have there own unique 4x4 matrices of
coefficients.

How can I use OpenGL to draw this surface in 3d?

Thanks,
Brian

1. Drawing parametric curves over a surface

Rui,

Generally, people define curves that lie on surfaces in terms of
surface coordinates (u, v), and not in terms of coordinates in which
surface itself is defined.

Then, you define your spline with regular control polygon in u-v space,
and to plot a point you interpolate it there, get (u(t), v(t)) and then
interpolate to get point in regular 3d-space using your surface
representation.

Regards --

#include <disclaimer.h>

2. FA:Lightwave 6 for Mac

3. POV-Ray: Implicit & Parametric surfaces

4. Conversion from CANVAS (MAC) to Freelance (PC)

5. rendering true parametric surfaces

6. STB Velocity 128 3D Card Question

7. parametric surfaces with POV ?

8. I have a problem

9. NEW: program to generate parametric surfaces (TESSEL)

10. Pov3 Source - parametric surface.

11. Ray Tracing Procedural/Parametric surfaces?

12. Need to visualize trimmed parametric surfaces

13. Parametric Surfaces