Antialiasing & vsync

Post by SeskaPe » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 18:52:01

Hello list,

I'd like to tweak params for rendering.

1/ I'd like to activate or deactivate hardware anti aliasing, is there
a way to let the app control such things ?
2/ I'd like to activate or deactivate vertical sync ... same question
3/ I'd like to specify monitor refresh rate. Actually, whatever
resolution I choose, it runs at 60Hz (it may be different on monitors
others than mine thoug), is it possible ?

Thank you for helping me,

SeksaPeel.

Antialiasing & vsync

Post by Eric Grang » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:41:58

Quote:> 1/ I'd like to activate or deactivate hardware anti aliasing, is there
> a way to let the app control such things ?

Look for ARB_multisample, you'll probably also need to look into
WGL_ARB_pixel_format if you did not already.

Quote:> 2/ I'd like to activate or deactivate vertical sync ... same question

That would be WGL_EXT_swap_control

Quote:> 3/ I'd like to specify monitor refresh rate. Actually, whatever
> resolution I choose, it runs at 60Hz (it may be different on monitors
> others than mine thoug), is it possible ?

And that'll be the WinAPI function ChangeDisplaySettings, you will have
to retrieve the list of display resolution/frequencies with
EnumDisplaySettings first.

If the questions refers to OpenGL in a non-Window environment, I don't know :)

Eric Grange
http://glscene.org

Antialiasing & vsync

Post by SeskaPe » Fri, 27 Jun 2003 21:16:52

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks.