porting opengl code to be a M$ screensaver?

porting opengl code to be a M$ screensaver?

Post by Roger Gonzale » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

What would I need to do to get my OpenGL code to be
a NT screensaver?  Anyone have some template code I could
use as a starting point?

Thanks,

-Roger

Roger Gonzalez                    Datapult Communications

porting opengl code to be a M$ screensaver?

Post by mcquad » Sat, 28 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Roger,

In MS VC++ 5.0, look up the SAVER sample code.  It will get you a generic
screen saver.  (Basically just a normal app which quits whenever any input
is detected.)  From there, just get an OpenGL rendering context for the
window and you are on your way.

Loren McQuade
<mcquade at ucla.edu>

>What would I need to do to get my OpenGL code to be
>a NT screensaver?  Anyone have some template code I could
>use as a starting point?

>Thanks,

>-Roger

>Roger Gonzalez                    Datapult Communications

porting opengl code to be a M$ screensaver?

Post by Richard S. Wright Jr » Sun, 01 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I have an OpenGL screen saver with source posted at:

http://209.153.204.30/rwright/bonus.htm

Richard S. Wright Jr.

www.magicnet.net/~rwright