Post by Espen Ruud Schult » Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:39:39

I've seen a few programs that explicitly load the opengl32.dll.  Any
pros/cons when doing this?

, Espen

1. Wanted: pre-compiled MESA DLL's for 3DFX (OPENGL32.DLL, GLU32.DLL, GLUT32.DLL)

Hi there,

Is there anybody who can send me the Mesa 2.6+ 3DFX DLL's?  I downloaded
the library myself, and have been trying to compile the things for about
a week now.  They compile fine, and the demo's run.. mostly.  Things
just aren't what they are supposed to be.  Textures will be off..
shadows don't work.. things just look weird.

Then, there is the simple act of:

  glNewList(GLSPHERE, GL_COMPILE);
  sphere = gluNewQuadric();
  gluSphere(sphere, 20.f, 20, 20);
  gluDeleteQuadric(sphere);
  glEndList();

which causes GLU32.DLL to get a divide overflow...

Given that the demos are a bit whacked, and my own goofiness, I think I
do not know how to build the Mesa library correctly.

I don't know enough about Visual C++ to do anything about it.

Now on to the background, and please don't start on a thread about
this.  I've been looking at this group (and other groups) so I know how
people like to attack on this.. but I'm doing this under Borland Delphi
3.  It may be a bit slower, but I'm not using any of the GUI..  just the
object pascal portion, so there shouldn't be that much of a hit.

Can anybody help with the DLL's?

Thanks,
joe

2. Resizing a TImage->Canvas

3. Cosmo3D on NT wants OpenGL.dll and not OpenGL32.dll

4. FH 5.0... some comments

5. help have opengl32.dll not opengl.dll

6. Textures, Textures, Textures! - all royalty-free!

7. 3dfxvgl.dll renamed to opengl32.dll

8. New & remarketed imagesetters

9. Opengl32.dll vs. Opengl.dll

10. GLUT/NT 4.0: opengl32.dll vs. opengl.dll

11. OpenGl.dll V OpenGL32.dll ?!?

12. SwapBuffers in GDI32.dll calls OPENGL32.dll ???

13. Cyrix Chips, Opengl32.dll, vprogl.dll and a Sledgehammer (Newbie question)