Windows scroll position and forcing scrolling

Windows scroll position and forcing scrolling

Post by mayhaw » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

In the GLUT toolkit you can open a large window say 300x200 and reshape
to 160x80.
I assume you are know seeing a small portion of the whole window.
1. How does the programmer know what part of the window is currently
shown?
2. How does the programmer force the window to scroll and how do they
determine how much is scrolled?
Thanks
 Gavin Wood

Post by Andrew F. Vespe » Tue, 13 Apr 1999 04:00:00

> In the GLUT toolkit you can open a large window say 300x200 and reshape
> to 160x80.
> I assume you are know seeing a small portion of the whole window.

No, you have resized the window and that's all you have.

Quote:> 1. How does the programmer know what part of the window is currently
> shown?
> 2. How does the programmer force the window to scroll and how do they
> determine how much is scrolled?

I don't believe that GLUT has support for scrolling windows. Perhaps
the PUI or GLUI (?) user interface toolkits support this.
--
Andy V (OpenGL Alpha Geek)
"In order to make progress, one must leave the door to the unknown ajar."

1. Forcing scroll bars in TTreeview

Hi,
I have a Treeview of 100 pixels width.
I like to write an image on Treeview canvas at X=150,
by taking the image from a TImageList and by using the
TImagelist.Draw.

How can force to 'extend' the Treeview canvas in order
to force the horizontal scroll bar to appear and to draw the
image in the canvas?

Bye
Mauricio

2. ___------- VISUALIZATION IN HOLLAND _________-----------

3. Scrolling a Form without scrolling its buttons

4. SCREEN CAPTURE PROGRAM.... ANYWHERE?

5. Listview icon Position when Scrolled

6. FBAS-RGB-Converter

7. position of the scroll box

8. PC Animation Software

9. IRIX 5.3 Motif scrolled windows don't have inset appearance

10. Scrolling and refreshing a paintbox by Windows

11. Tiles backgrounds in scrolling windows

12. Problems with Scrolling Bitmaps in Windows