Newbie question - wiggle fonts

Post by Jez » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 17:43:30

Is it faster to use wglUseFontBitmaps or wglUseFontOutlines???

Newbie question - wiggle fonts

Post by Robin Tucke » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 18:35:29

Its faster not to use wiggle fonts at all - but in this case, wiggle bitmaps
would be faster.  You may also reduce the resolution of the curve
interpolators for wiggle truetype - you'll get less smoothness on your
outlines, but it will make them faster.  You can also have lighting effects
etc. with wiggle outlines, which you cannot with wiggle bitmaps.  Using
texture mapped quads is probably quickest though, but wiggle outlines can
also be extruded to be truely 3d.

Quote:> Is it faster to use wglUseFontBitmaps or wglUseFontOutlines???

Post by Paul Mart » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 22:39:38

Quote:> Is it faster to use wglUseFontBitmaps or wglUseFontOutlines???

It's implementation-dependent. You should benchmark it on the
implementations that you are interested in. Some implementations are
notoriously slow at rendering bitmaps.
--

    Hewlett Packard TCD Personal Workstations Lab
    OpenGL FAQ: http://www.opengl.org/developers/faqs/technical.html

1. Help - w/ Font creation - newbie question

Hi, I was wondering how one can make fonts w/ Photoshop, or even if it
is possible.  I know that you are supposed to be able to do it with the
Corel Suite, so I thought you should be able to do it with Photoshop.

If someone has an answer or could direct me to a FAQ, I would appreciate
it.

To email me, remove SPAMFOILER from my email.

Many thanks in advance.

2. number of exits

3. Faster method of drawing bitmaps than TCanvas.Draw?

4. stupid newbie question-font style

5. filtres

6. Newbie Question about font

7. Image Alchemy... EPS Question.

8. monitor wiggle?

9. HELP : Texture wiggle

10. RECALL for HELP!!! Win98 vs WinNT (wiggle functions)

11. Newbie with newbie questions

12. Newbie newbie questions