Cube Map using just one image

Post by Frédéric Delhoum » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:50:31

Is there an extension that allows cube maps with only one texture ?
The image would be the montage of the 6 faces images.
It would be nice (I think) and would allow me to port my engine easily
from
spherical mapping to cube mapping.

Fred.

1. Help: Mapping four different images onto a cube

ummm... don't cubes have 6 faces, of which a maximum of 3 are visible?
Oh well, doesn't matter.  What I'd suggest is the following:

Break the cube into 6 virtually 2D boxes which will constitute the six
faces.  Use POV's image_map feature (assuming you're using POV) to
place the pictures on the faces, and then translate/rotate the faces
as necessary.

If this is close to what you want, and you need more detail, feel free
to e-mail me for some sample source code (recently did this process
for creating a "box head" where photos of a head were mapped onto a
cube)

2. Borland resources: DIB

3. Nvidia Cube Env Map : Rotated Images ?

4. JPG to BMP code

5. Cube Mapping Reflection - images orientations

6. nObOdy : The Site ....

7. Just ONE image map, please....

8. GCSE Coursework

9. how can u send more than one image by using the send command

10. Combine hundreds of images into one using PS layers modes

11. One to One mapping

12. using image maps for other texture variables

13. Creating and Using an image map