I hope that most of you (who can) have already entered into the Buzz.wrl
Contest that is currently going on at VRML.SGI.COM. (Those of you who
aren't VRML developers can enter in the "People's Choice" sweepstakes.)
For those who have been following the Contest/Sweeps, here are the
results for Week 4...Shout Interactive's "MOD Dance Party" picked up the
Editor's and People's Choice awards. This is the first time that an
entrant has won both categories 2 weeks in a row! Be sure to look at
their VRML world.
For the next week, the contestants are:
* Long Valley Earthquake -- see the integration of USGS earthquake
maps and data from the Long Valley earthquake.
* Delta VRML Banner -- a VRML banner ad for Delta Airlines, very small
and very interactive.
* Icosamovie -- a pseudo psychedelic animation of a polyhedral
* MOD Mania -- once again, Shout Interactive's MOD gang, up to their
* Manufacturing Mixture -- the integration of VRML output from three
different translators into a coherent manufacturing demo
Be sure to vote for your favorite and submit your winning VRML
worlds...also, make sure that you read the official rules. The contest is
almost halfway finished so you better start cranking on that winning
world! (And, you can enter more than once!)
Buzz.wrl can be found at http://vrml.sgi.com .